Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone got the witter towbar fitted? Mine was fitted at the dealers when I bought the car but can't for the life of me fit the towball. Followed the instructions and even asked the wife but still no joy.

Should be a piece of cake. Starting to think there's a fault

·
Registered
315 Posts
I had one fitted to myAstra. I recall having a right nightmare fitting it once but it was my fault.

When you pull it off the car you pull out and turn the dial. Whenthat'sdone it keeps all the locking mechanisms in, sort of spring loaded so when you slot it back in they pop out and lock the bar on.

Somehow I managed to trigger them to come out when the towbar was off and I had a right nightmare getting them back in so I could re-mount the towbar. I cant remember how I did it but with a lot of swearing I got there in the end!

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The ball is detachable and should just slot into position and lock. This is the 3rd one I've had. 1st Astra had a witter. 2nd Astra a westfalia and the Mokka has this witter. Never had a problem before

·
Registered
315 Posts
Yeah, mine was a witter detachable on myAstra. I triggered it when it was out of it's housing so Icouldn'tslot it in.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi,

I've had a Witter detachableTowbar fitted to my Mokka by towbar express, I managed to trigger it whilst it was out but was able to reset OK.He did a great job, theymay not be the cheapest but the Guy made sure we understood what to do befor he left. The electric socket can also be hidden.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No problem with the tow bar in the end. Just needed more force as it was new.

Noticed while i was towing every time I indicate there is a beeping indication to show they are working. Does anyone else's do this?

On my Astra which had a factory fit towbar had no such beeps. There was an indication in the graphical display when there was a problem though

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
My dad's car does this when he has the trailer on.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi hope this helps. the blue dial has to be pressed in towards the hook as you slide the unit into the socket whilst turning the dial in a clockwise direction. This is not easy. I would suggest lie under the rear of the car and take the weight of the towball on your leg and whilst looking for a third arm press the dial in and turn as you slide the towball into the socket. If you notice the towball has a pin that pops out if you turn the dial too far. If this happens turn the dial as far round as it will go whilst pressing on the spring loaded pin and it will disengage the lock. now try again, don't try and push the towball all the way into the socket, that is where it fails. it will go in, just a little practice, honest..

·
Registered
23 Posts
can anyone post me a picture of the Mokka with towingbar? thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts