·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How to adjust??
Does anyone know how to adjust the direction of
the windscreen washers. I want to lift mine as they seem to be aimed at
the very bottom of the windscreen and just hit the base of the wiper
blades with very little fluid reaching the windscreen. Tried a pin and a small screw driver but the jets seem reluctant to move ????

·
Registered
241 Posts
Mine also hit the bottom of the windscreen but actually clean just fine. It also means i don't waste fluid washing the roof or the motorcyclist behind which is not very nice for the biker.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Mine also need adjusting. When driving my new Mokka home from collection I actually thought my washer bottle was empty as it appeared that nothing was coming out of the skooshers, so stopped off and bought a bottle of water to top it up. Lo and behold the washer bottle was full. The spray hardly reaches the bottom of my screen when travelling at speed, bit better when going at lower speed.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Ahhh that looks like the samethingfor the insignia washer jets that i reto fitted to my Astra. they were a pain in the bum to adjust without that tool. I damaged one doing it and had to buy another pair.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Tool must be 6mm tube 4mm inside diameter with 2mm cross cut ..........ish.

EDIT - Ok, with the drawing the cross cut is 1mm.

Edited by: Blum

·
Registered
169 Posts
For those who want to make their own tool (and to save Blum finding his blue tack) here is a drawing and picture of the BO-49380.

Edited by: seamaster

·
Registered
633 Posts
Just looking at the business end and without Blutack, I want a bit of 6mm tube with 1mm sidewall, a junior hacksaw and a fine file.
On with the pith helmet, I'm on a mission!
As Captain Oates said, "I'm going outside I may be sometime".

·
Registered
633 Posts
B and Q - Aluminium Round Tube (L)1000mm x (Dia)6mm £2.46
Hacksaw and one of 'er indoors emery boards.
85cm of tube left over will come in handy, err, for, err, well you know.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Blum, very impressed with your ingenuity.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Took mine back to dealer today, as like others have already posted the washer jet hits lower wiper. The mechanic told me that on the mokka there is no adjustment and the spray is designed to hit the wiper arm and spray. Mentioned that the forum suggests that a special tool is required to which he replied that if there was one they haven't got one.
Does anyone know for definite whether he is correct in that here is no adjustment or is he wrong.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Mokkadna said:
Took mine back to dealer today, as like others have already posted the washer jet hits lower wiper. The mechanic told me that on the mokka there is no adjustment and the spray is designed to hit the wiper arm and spray. Mentioned that the forum suggests that a special tool is required to which he replied that if there was one they haven't got one.
Does anyone know for definite whether he is correct in that here is no adjustment or is he wrong.

I think he is talking out of ones bum hole

·
Registered
584 Posts
It would be nice to deal with facts and not opinions, I would like to know and will contact VCS

·
Registered
633 Posts
By George I've got it.

Of course he is correct, with my tool, it was the car that moved and the jets stayed in the same place!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts