Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

Windscreen shortage

5K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  alan4708 
#1 ·
My Mokka is off the road waiting for a new windscreen. Vauxhall telling me will not be available until June!! Watch out for flying stones!!

#2 ·
GrahamB said:
My Mokka is off the road waiting for a new windscreen. Vauxhall telling me will not be available until June!! Watch out for flying stones!!
That is quite frankly ridiculous. I suppose they offered their same old excuse "Well it's a new car & we don't have all thespares for it yet."

I would make them aware of the Motor Industry Code of Practice. All manufacturers that subscribe to the code havecommited to :
Replacement Parts and Accessories
""˜To enable routine maintenance and warranty rectification work to be completed effectively we will ensure that our spare parts are readily available to our authorised networks'
What our promise means to you
4.1 Where our parts are supplied to our dealers they will be of a satisfactory quality and fit for the purpose for which parts of that type are normally used.
4.2 With offers of promotions, any restrictions which are attached to sales will be clearly stated.
4.3 We will ensure that spare parts are available from the time a new model is launched, throughout its production and for a reasonable period thereafter.
You can download the full code of practice here & the complaints procedure if you wish to take it further.http://www.motorcodes.co.uk/motorist/the-codes/new-car-code.html

#5 ·
GrahamB said:
Thanks Eric, will use this in my next letter. I have already written to the MD, Duncan Aldred. Only had a phone call from his office, not even the decency of a written response. AM going to follow up this week
No problem Graham please keep me informed as to how you get on.

I am in the midst of my owncommunication with Justin Woodcraft regards the bottom seal on my windscreen developing a bulge plus a few otherunrelated matters like the AFL fix & my long overduerear mud flaps. I'll give him his due in that he rang me the followingday after getting my early eveningemail to discuss all the points I had raised with a promise to chase them up on my behalf.

The salesman looked atmy screen& went to look at the demonstrator to see if it was the same. When it wasn't he went& got the service manager to have a look. He took a picture & said he would have to run it by the warranty person & wasn't sure what the parts situation would be & would get back to me. That was on Wednesday & I have heard nothing since hence my email to Justin.

Let's see what the week ahead has in store for us.

Justin's contact details should you wish to use them are :-

Justin Woodcraft

Executive Support Manager

General Motors UK & Ireland

Tel +44 (0)844 3690116 (option 5)

Fax +44 (0)1582 426609

justin.woodcraft@vauxhall.co.uk

#7 ·
The fact that spares are not available is quite appalling, I am sure someone posted a note about the manufacturers duty to provide spares, if this is correct the matter needs to be referred to higher level. I an sure some reader will know who it needs to be passed to

#9 ·
Was having a good day until I decided to head into Edinburgh on the M8,i passed a lorry and guess what,it threw up this massive stone straight into the windscreen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.Have phoned Autoglass,but ther isn't one in Scotland,if not the Uk.So waiting on them getting back to me,if there is going to be a delay,then im afraid I can be the king of complainer's,when I have to be.I read some of the post's regarding this+ can't believe they would launch a model without the having a support network of spares set up.
Edited by: alan4708

#14 ·
Glad you have your car sorted,still waiting on hearing when i will get mine fitted!.Though if they come back with a ridiculous time frame,then i'm afraid i will have to put the moaning hat on again!.I have a reputation to live up to,and when i get mucked about,trust me i can be a pain in the a**e!!,hasn't let me down yet!.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.