Super Moderator
9,153 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,153 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Crikey , in the old days you could stick a pin in the washer jet and adjust it. I can still do this on my other car. But I suppose modern technology has taken over.Plus you have to spend £8 on a special tool! Hey ho.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hi how do I adjust my window screen washers
As it has not been mentioned so far...…….screen washer jets for on the original Mokka from 2016 until the Mokka X was introduced are non-adjustable. The jets look just like the earlier ones but (from the factory) are definitely not adjustable.

On my 2016 Mokka the jets are aimed directly at the rest position of the wipers, so having put up with this for about 18 months I first tried the tool carefully, to no avail, then tried the tool with considerable force (to no avail) and finally tried various implements forced into the slot to apply leverage......eventually breaking the (non-adjustable) washer jet.

I am not sure whether Mokka Xs have adjustable jets, probably not in my view. It may be a general health and safety issue for pedestrians and cyclists...….have you ever read everything it says on an average bottle of screenwash?

·
Super Moderator
9,153 Posts
Some posts on various threads did say "Apply some WD40 first." as I suppose the movement is minuscule.
In relation to the screen wash bottle, the advice on mine is "Do not drink,"o_O so could you please elaborate.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Some posts on various threads did say "Apply some WD40 first." as I suppose the movement is minuscule.
As far as I'm aware mine are as fitted to all 2016 Mokkas (Mokka X's may differ) - I was told this by the Vauxhall dealer, so who knows?

However the adjuster tool does not fit my screenwasher jets, here's why...……….

The first picture is the driver side jet (with the longer wiper), in the second picture the outer surround to the jet is indicated by the yellow arrow. On earlier jets the tool fits around the jet in the gap, but on mine a second clip or whatever is crimped around the jet and prevents the tool being inserted - shown by the red arrow.

Is it possible to rip out the obstruction and get the tool to fit?

The third picture shows the passenger side (short wiper) jet, where the crimp looks even more restrictive.

I find it hard to imagine a manufacturer would make these jets non adjustable, and then position them in such a way that most of the screenwash goes uselessly under the wipers instead of being spread on the screen, - unless they were forced to, for some reason.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts