Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
May seem an odd request but can any mokka 1.7 diesel exclusive owners out there advise if they can hear wind noise from rear passenger door area nearside/kerb side. Currently have issues with mine, engineer has agreed is noticeably noisy on the one side and they are now going to find another mokka diesel to test to see if it is a common noise on all. You will know if you turn the stereo off and do 60-70 on motorway as it sounds like window is slightly open, tried to tell me this was what it was and they had shut it and couldn't hear the noise anymore! Suggested that perhaps I might have already tried that but still insisted they had road tested it at the higher speeds
with no issue!

·
Super Moderator
BR 3 car pacer. 10 litre turbo diesel
3,478 Posts
Hi geg87, sorry, no noise like that on mine. My son however did have a noise like that on his Insignia. There was a nick in the door seal. They replaced all the door seals under warranty, and he's had no further problems.

·
Registered
158 Posts
hi i have noticed that sometimes and kept trying to close the passenger rear door nearside window
when i get a minuet i will inspect the door seal and window seal and keep listening out
and keep an eye on the story

·
Registered
506 Posts
No - Not noticed anything, and I don't have Radio/CD on when driving.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Hi geg87 have not suffered your noise but can recommend window draught deflectors as you can have the window wide open and not suffer noise (apart from road of course)or billowing wind into the rear causing the parcel shelf to vibrate. Hope they sort it for you.Barry

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm getting some wind noise from both rear doors and is noticeable going above 50mph. The windows are fully shut so I will guess it is through the door seals. I'm trying to gauge if this is normal or I have to take it in to have it looked at.

Post merged.
Edited by: wellinever

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi geg87

Did you ever get to the bottom of the wind noise? I have a 1.6 CDTI Techline which appears to suffer the same noise from the rear passenger door\window whilst at motorway speeds. I took it to the dealer who said they test drove it against another Mokka and it was the aerodynamics of the car!!!

·
Super Moderator
10,101 Posts
Hi Tlaleyand welcome to this Forum.
So according to your dealer it's the aerodynamics creating the noise! So the one's without the noise (like ours) are the ones with the fault!!
I think they are having a laugh!

·
Super Moderator
10,101 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, we picked up our brand new 1.4i yesterday and overall delighted - drove it 160 miles, city, country and motorway! One annoyance, is the road noise coming from both back doors especially passenger side when driving over 50mph. I rode in the back (someone else driving, honestly!) and identified that the noise which sounds the same as if you had a window slightly open comes from the door seal and by pushing the door from (as if trying to push it open) applying force at the quarter light position the sound/problem went away. On external examination of the door (when stationery :)) the door seems absolutely fine, fitting into the car's bodyshell exactly as you would expect with no visible faults to its alignment or on examination, its rubber seals (on the door or the car body).
I will be taking the car back to the dealer and don't anticipate a response, telling me it's the aerodynamic design of the car, but meanwhile wondered if there were any thoughts on a fix - don't intend sitting in the back on every journey applying force to the door to seal the seals correctly!

·
Super Moderator
10,101 Posts
Hi Hogmonay and welcome to this Forum.
It appears that you are not the only member with this problem. If members who have experienced this would update us on the solution, it would be appreciated. In the meantime, hopefully you will obtain some satisfaction from your dealer.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
I used to have this problem with mine. I've not noticed it in ages so maybe I've just tuned out to it. Either that or I've "changed my driving style". Apologies to new members who may not get the joke. It's a vauxhall thing.

·
Super Moderator
BR 3 car pacer. 10 litre turbo diesel
3,478 Posts
No Gary, you've just turned up the sound on your BOSE sound system

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
I would if I had one
I do tend to have the music system (non BOSE) pretty loud so maybe that's why I don't hear it now

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thank you for your words of humour and encouragement - good, as a newbie, to get some responses and to know there is a live forum community out there, appreciated.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Doesn't solve the problem but feel free to partake in the humour. Some appear to have had success with the Heko deflectors but as I say I no longer notice it.

Hope you enjoy the car otherwise and the forum for that matter.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi there, I've got the same car with the same problem! Was it ever sorted as I'm going to take mine back to the dealer? I've had it since September '15 from New and thought I was imagining it until passengers mentioned it too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Problem now fully resolved, contacted our dealer, booked in and replaced seals with no quibble or charge, great service and quick turnaround.

·
Super Moderator
10,101 Posts
Thanks Hogmonay for your update and good to know it was settled amicably.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts