Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry couldn't resist.

AsI & others seem tohave found, the "Dealers" want around £400 for 3 years Gap cover but it can be had for £110 from ALA.

Is it simply a case of cutting out the middle man thatresults in such a saving or is it just the dealer being a trifle greedy?

·
Registered
490 Posts
I'd guess at the dealer whacking on a big markup. When i recently cancelled mine the dealer didn't ask why or try to convince me otherwise but i could tell by his voice that he knew what was going on.

·
Registered
572 Posts
I have taken out GAP insurance for the first time ever with this car but in my naivety was unaware you could source it yourself. I thought it was something that had to be done at point of sale. As such it has all been bundled in with the monthly price. Given that any loyalty I may have had to the salesman went a month or so back (when, according to what he told me when I ordered would be the time I would have my car) I am quite keen to now get this insurance sorted elsewhere. Do you all believe this should be possible or will he argue that I am altering the deal and therefore jeopardise my part ex price etc????

And if I do manage to cancel it where is the best place to look to get the replacement ... Is everyone going with the ALA policy???

Any help gratefully received .

Any help or advice based on others experience gratefully received.

Edited by: AlyG

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I don't think you would have a problem in cancelling the gap insurance. I went into my dealer recently with concerns over the paint protection with diamondbrite. They just said without any prompting that I could remove it if I wanted. It just wasn't a problem. I think it would be same with the gap insurance.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Just ordered my Mokka with diamondbrite paint protection, what concerns have you had with it?

·
Registered
572 Posts
Mokkadna said:
I don't think you would have a problem in cancelling the gap insurance. I went into my dealer recently with concerns over the paint protection with diamondbrite. They just said without any prompting that I could remove it if I wanted. It just wasn't a problem. I think it would be same with the gap insurance.
Ok thanks. I've checked the paperwork and it is listed there in full at £399 so whatever 'deal' he did was clearly lost in the part ex etc so hopefully they will just let me remove it and source it elsewhere.

Thanks Mokkadna

·
Registered
147 Posts
I'll definately be using ALA for the GAP insurance, my current lease added £10 a month to the price for GAP, £360 in total, still better than a Vauxhall dealer quoted me (£480) when I went for a test drive.

The ALA prices make both of these a joke!

I checked with the leasing company and they no longer sell GAP insurance because of the PPI fiasco.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Louar said:
Just ordered my Mokka with diamondbrite paint protection, what concerns have you had with it?
Reading through some of the forum members posts with regards to the detailing. They appear to have been detailing on their cars for many years and have posted some of there projects on line. Reading through it appears that the consensus was that some of those involved with the application of the paint protection would not have the professionalism and pride to make a thoroughly professional job and also that the conserved would need to be reapplied at regular intervals or he warranty would void.
I did not discuss in detail these concerns but mentioned having second thoughts about he purchase (she offered straight away to remove my purchase from the deal. I did not remove but decided over time that with a previous back injury I would find it difficult to do a thorough detailing application myself without pain/discomfort (if only I were younger). I have since read that although recommended the re-application of the conserved is not mandatory to keep the warranty valid.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Cheers for that, I've also found it on the forum as well & it seems 50/50 I think I'll leave it on though as don't want to spend hours cleaning the car when I get it, I've also got a young son so the interior protection will be helpful!!! ˜„

·
Registered
584 Posts
Not really sure what your post is about and how it links to insurance

·
Registered
43 Posts
HI, I've never had GAP before....I should be getting my Mokka SE with a list of 23,500 , reading the last post, looks to me like 10,000 of cover for 3 years works out at 110, assume that must be the norm for GAP cover?

·
Registered
79 Posts
We were offered GAP insurance when we picked the Mokka up, I let the sales guy do his speil and asked, "ok, how much is the GAP insurance from Vauxhall ?" he replied "£399", I replied "Oh, thats very expensive, I have sourced it for £110 for three years cover", he said, "ah I bet that's not back to invoice cover though" I said "Well, yes it is actually, its with ALA !" he was silent and looked embarrassed, it wasn't mentioned again !

Edited by: amokka

·
Registered
264 Posts
With haveing negative equity gong onto the Mokka finance it is a must for me to have gap with back to invoice. and ALA Gap insurance was a very good deal for me.

To put it one way any new car you buy then gap insurance is a must as insurance companys will only pay out on what your car is worth. Not haveing gap could leave you thousands out of pocket

·
Registered
41 Posts
This is the reply I had from my dealer about ALA
The ALA GAP based in Easthorpe, near Malton would ONLY give you the discounted price cover for the Mokka, NOT a equivalent Mokka like you would get with the VAUXHALL Valueguard.

·
Registered
79 Posts
if you purchase a Mokka for £15995, ALA will cover the gap from what your insurance company pay out on market value, to the value on the invoice from purchase, so if your insurance company pays out £10k, then the ALA will pay out the £5995...

Edited by: amokka

·
Registered
264 Posts
ALA give it return to invoice so in theory in a year if i paid £24000 for my Mokka and it got writen off and the book price was £15000 and i owed £21000 finance then the insurance would pay £15000 then ALA would cover the rest that the insurance short falled. so ALA would pay £6000 to finnish your finance agreement.

this is good for me as i had negative equity to go onto my mokka so if my car got written of now then i would get all my finance paid off.

·
Registered
264 Posts
At the end of the day as long as it says return to invoice then you are covered i have had gap on four cars now £300 a time a never used it. sick of paying it and not using it for the 3 years i paid for it. but with ALA you can transfer it to a new car within 3 years if u change.for £114 what can u lose it must gives u peace of mind that your finance is covered if anything goes wrong.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts