Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found white marks on the black covering below the centre of the two doors both sides, spoke to dealer turns out its wax that's leaked out of the doors, they suggested I take it in and they will use a solvent to remove it, anyone else had the same?

·
Registered
505 Posts
If is wax it's nothing to worry about if they have got stuff to remove it. It's from when they valeted the car. It's a pain in the ass to remove polish residue so let them sort it.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Already booked in and they said they would give me a bottle of remover in case it happens again, assume its alcohol based!

·
Registered
264 Posts
Any alcohal based window cleaner will remove all white marks from the black plastic.

For when people will start to wax their cars get some scotch blue tape and go round the car with it this will stop you going onto the plastic with the wax. And will stop hours of trying to get the wax off the plastic just a tip. 20 mins prepping will stop the bloody hell stage and hours of trying to get it off.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Or just use a spray on detail wax thats meant for plastics as well as paintwork.

Or as I like to call it ...... Lazy wax !

Mac

·
Registered
264 Posts
Macca said:
Or just use a spray on detail wax thats meant for plastics as well as paintwork.

Or as I like to call it ...... Lazy wax !

Mac

u forgot to mention rubbish as well £9 spray wax u get what u pay for.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Funny thing is i've tried all sorts over the years as i like a car to be well kept and looking good, but came to realise that i didn't want to be spending hours doing it. The spray wax gives me what i need quickly. For those that are happy to spend a little more time on the job then theres loads of stuff out there. Something for everyone yeah? Edited by: Macca

·
Registered
505 Posts
Macca thats what i usealy do.

A big Detail on the car twice a year then when i wash and dry it i use a quick detailer every two weeks. Job Done.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Meguiar's Ultimate Wax,
"New synthetic polymers crosslink to form a protective barrier that amplifies reflections for incredible depth & mirror-like shine, without leaving white residue on plastic and rubber ."

Warning - be sitting down before you check the price!

·
Registered
219 Posts
I had a couple of shots on the PC of the Nissan X Trail that I sold late last year. All I ever used was Turtle Wax Ice spray detailer andHalfords owntyre shine.
Make your own call on it I suppose but it didn't take me all day to do and was easy to keep on top of.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Blum said:
Meguiar's Ultimate Wax,
"New synthetic polymers crosslink to form a protective barrier that amplifies reflections for incredible depth & mirror-like shine, without leaving white residue on plastic and rubber ."

OMG how much!!!

·
Registered
505 Posts
chappo said:
Blum said:
Meguiar's Ultimate Wax,

OMG how much!!!

I use this wax called Distinction.This is one of myfavorites. A littlegoesalong away and the finish is fantastic and it is easy to remove. And it lasts for months.

Wax called Supernaturalthis is a hard wax but once you have a good build up on a pad or microfiber and its warm conditions it will go a long way and is also easy to remove. And lasts for months also.

And Meguiars Mirror Glaze #16this is the best wax for your every day car its a wax on wax off principle and it is very durable and also you geta lotfor your money.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Blum said:
Fatman said:
I use this wax called Distinction.
HOW MUCH?????? I've just had to have one of me pills!  NURSE..................
I would expect a little man-servant to come with it at that price to do the waxon/waxoff!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts