Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone had problems with a whistling sound, not constant but when putting the car underpower from cold? I have had my Mokka since Jan 12th after waiting months for delivery. After a week it started to make a whistling kind of sound (although not high pitched) when I accellerated up the road and again when accellerating onto the dual carriage way. This is all within a couple of mins of leaving home, after this it would stop, once warmer. Again at the end of the day the same. This lead to the Vauxhall dealer changing the fuel pump, or something to do with it, high pressure pump was mentioned. All has been well for a month or so but lo and behold the whistle is back, exactly the same circumstances. Anyone else had problems? It's the 1.6 cdti SE. Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will take that idea with me when I go back. Like my car to look good but do not understand what makes them tick.

·
Registered
584 Posts
nothing worse that a niggling noise, lets hope you get it sorted soon

·
Registered
767 Posts
Although very unlikely it's not unheard of for a replacement part to fail. It would be very bad luck to have 2 pumps fail so close togetherbut it is possible. Good luck with finding a speedy fix.

·
Super Moderator
9,375 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just picked up mokka x 7 mths old + 6kmiles - when accelerating I can hear this whistle coming from back of car (exhaust) when I revs up -
Anybody come up with cause / cure / reason ?
Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
If it's a high pitch whistling sound that doesn't change frequency when your speed changes, then I had this and it was a result of dust from the brake pads building up. I had them cleaned out and the whistle went away!

·
Registered
224 Posts
I'd hope the people reporting this have sorted it considering the original thread is 7 years old and the last sufferer reported it 3 years ago! :LOL:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts