Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my 1.4T 4x4 Exclusiv today and was a bit surpised the speedsthe displaysuggests I change gear at.It suggests I change up at a lot lower speed than I would have expected, at on point when doing 43mph, it suggested changing from 5th to 6th gear. Is this normal?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Sounds like the most economical changes if it is all low revs/speeds. I have driven a few 6 speeds but not sure about the Mokka as I am another waiting buyer who never took a test drive

·
Registered
505 Posts
Rule of thumb fore me is around 1500 - 2000 revs on a diesel so I'm thinking it must be around tw same for a 1.4 turbo petrol. If I'm going up hill then I change at around 2500 - 3000 revs as you will use more fuel making your car struggle.

·
Registered
71 Posts
The recommendations to change gear are based on getting the best fuel economy so you'll be changing up at fairly low revs if you follow the instructions. That's OK if you're concerned about how much fuel you are using but it's not much fun. The 1.4T works well at 5000 to 6000 revs but don't turn on the instantaneous fuel consumption display if you're worried about the cost. The good news is that the 1.4T also pulls away quite well at low revs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts