Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been offered a spare wheel plus fitted mud flaps for £210.99. Is this a good deal?? They are trying to flog me the accesorise pack - velour mats, mudflaps, boot liner & diamondbrite for £212.99. Not really interested in that though as I can get really good mats at a low price & will source a decent priced liner. Appreciate your advice.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I would have chewed my dealers arm off for that price!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmmm, the dealer rang back and said it would actually be £240 for the spare wheel and fitted set of mud flaps. Still a good price I guess. He said the spare was £120 and mud flapd £60 plus an hours fitting costs. Does that sound about right? I have said yes to the spare and i'll get back to him on the mud flaps.
Lisa

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks 1dera. Both myself and the t'other half are challenged to say the least when it comes to fitting anything ourselves. If it is simply a clip in process, no problem. If it involves drilling then
no chance. Hopefully my dealer will get back to me in a day or so with a better price

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just read the fitting explanation. Maybe by brother in law could do it. He's not challenged like us lol

·
Registered
156 Posts
LisaG said:
Thanks 1dera.  Both myself and the t'other half are challenged to say the least when it comes to fitting anything ourselves.  If it is simply a clip in process, no problem.  If it involves drilling then
 no chance. Hopefully my dealer will get back to me in a day or so with a better price

If you read linked thread from earlier in full they have detailed description for fitting. You are required to drill 1 additional hole for each flap but other 2 fixings go into existing locations within wheel arch.
Fitting instruction even come complete with pictures

Serious note if your at all in any doubt best to get dealer to fit as last thing you would want to do is damage your Mokka .

·
Registered
156 Posts
LisaG said:
Just read the fitting explanation.  Maybe by brother in law could do it. He's not challenged like us lol
Any queries we are all here to help each other.
Happy future Mokka-ing

·
Registered
56 Posts
Have you got your car yet? As vauxhall prices are £95 for the spare wheel & £99 for the mudflaps fitted I believe.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Hi LisaG,
I've a space saver wheel and the mud flaps, the wheel sourced through my dealer at £200 and mudflaps from ebay at £41 so the price your dealer's offering is about right (though I fitted my mudflaps myself).
1dera's right, the mudflaps make a big difference and well worth purchasing a set. Cleaning ky Mokka recently makes such a difference;if you're unsure about fitting, always best to rely on a proffessional

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks all. I have ordered the wheel for £120. As I will probably be waiting till goodness knows when, I'll hold off ordering the mudflaps unless they come back to me with a great deal on them

1 - 11 of 11 Posts