Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Car insurance is what it is - never auto renew, shop around at renewal as circumstances are not universal, post codes, age and driving history play a big part -- search the web that's the way to get a better quote which is pretty obvious but unfortunately people still auto renew -- just waiting for my Renewal in October then the fun will begin

·
Registered
12 Posts
What you have paid is not too bad. I have 10 years protected and my premium on my 2014 1.7 diesel 4 X 4, plus my wife's Dacia Sandero was £520 for both. This is with Aviva. However I am expecting it to go up as I have just had it in for repair as I ran it into a ditch.
Regards, JohnS.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hello Berwick upon Tweed calling. Fully comp. with protected no claims £245 with Saga. There were chaeper quotes on Compare the Market but not as good cover.

The only accident I have had was when I clattered a deer near Kelso 5 years ago, Saga didn't count that as it was a wild animal. Even "wilder" after I hit it.
Boracay Blue SE 1.6 cdti no added bits.

·
Registered
31 Posts
The mokka insurance is in my other halfs name and the car for that matter. She's paying £265 fully comp 4years ncb it's cheaper than the fiesta that she had per year.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
What a surprise ?my renewal came and premium has gone up by £67.07 -- so obviously rang them to enquire why? -- politely asked what the reason was and the response was, " it could be numerous reasons sir" well what I asked - response was - " well could be the postcode, amount of claims in your area etc, etc -- can you break it down a bit more I asked -- "not really sir" -- I asked , are you telling me you've no idea " nothing on the screen saying why sir" -- at this point the conversation ended and told them I would not be renewing -- and this is a well known company -- possibly just the guy I spoke to was having a bad day

·
Super Moderator
9,138 Posts
Companies these days don't have to give a reason for an increase, loyalty rewards went out the window years ago.

·
Super Moderator
9,138 Posts
Happy, until the next renewal. :wink:

·
Registered
234 Posts
Well my renewal quote is still cheaper than any other I have looked into, taking into account paying any up front fees and overall cost and additions.

So looks like I'm staying with my current provider for now. (Not even free meals and a cuddly toy could persuade me away)

·
Super Moderator
9,138 Posts

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Just tried Hastings Direct and online quote was £1320 I'm currently paid £354 at last renewal with my usual car company, I had a none fault claim 3 year s ago, so how do Hastings Direct come up with a stupid quote like that because the comparison sites most expensive is around £430 -- age related rip off

·
Registered
723 Posts
I don't think it is as much age related, as Post code related, i am over 65, and i have
just had a quote of £227 for the crossland X, i think towns and city's are more
expensive than rural

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Yeah, I'm over 75 and was playing on thr comparison sites an low and behold a Grandland X 1.2 was cheaper to insure than my 1.4 Mokka -- also I used my daughter's registration number to get a quote in my name and it came out at £553 on a Audi A1 S line -- my daughter paid £213 a couple of days ago and she is on the PR (Preston) post code like me and she is 47 years old, so I think age comes into it somewhere -- oh the joys of motoring

·
Super Moderator
9,138 Posts
Oh the joys of living in Greater London, paying excessive charges for insurance and petrol/diesel. :mad:

·
Super Moderator
9,138 Posts

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
See that Saga are doing a three year fixed price car insurance deal meaning your premium remains the same for a three year period if no claim is made -- anyone got this or given it any thoughts

21 - 40 of 51 Posts