Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Administrator
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what everyones plans are for Christmas? Anyone doing anything different this year? Have you been good and asked Santa for anything nice?

·
Registered
313 Posts
Not alot myself, avoid family arguements n try not to go stair crazy with a load of time off lol :)
May get out n about abit but not wanting to put loads of miles onold car its a bit of a bummer

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
At the parents for Christmas with the added benefit of being on call Christmas day night into Boxing Day and then on call nights on the 27th as well.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Im having the pleasure of being at work for what will probably turn out to be themajority of Christmas day. I just cant wait for the last job of the day which will probably be an over run ofmy 12 hour shift. 0630 - 1830ish.I use the ish very loosely then working Boxing night.

For these reasons we have moved Christmas with the whole family to the 22nd. So I have to cook!!!

·
Registered
490 Posts
hads123456789 said:
Im having the pleasure of being at work for what will probably turn out to be themajority of Christmas day. I just cant wait for the last job of the day which will probably be an over run ofmy 12 hour shift. 0630 - 1830ish.I use the ish very loosely then working Boxing night.
Reminds me of my days as a Prison Officer.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Its pretty much the same in any of the uniformed services. No shift is ever the same finish timeas your supposed to be doing. It means the dog gets some really good dinners.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Well, we're having a quiet one at home, no rellies, maybe seeing friends at some point. The local pub is open for lunchtime drinkies on Christmas Day, so it'd be rude not to attend - uphill on the way there, downhill on the way back :)

I asked Santa for my Mokka for Christmas but seeing as that's not going to happen I've opted for world peace instead.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Once I have built my 8 yr old son's crimbo present, we'll head off to my mum's for the day, and then the remainder of the school holidays will probably be spent trying to keep him entertained despite his new presents lol

·
Registered
313 Posts
lol have the same with my niece lol 5 minutes with this present 5 minutes with that, then i'm bored can I get 'some random old thing out' or play mariokart (at which uncle cheeky as i'm known lol find it hard to notwin woopsy)
Edited by: Andy_H

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
What are you building Dawdy?
Andy - with the way Mario Kart is weighted I tend to find it a lot harder to win, I've been hit with lightening bolt, two red shells, a green shell followed by a blue one meters from the line. Then when I've been pipped by a number of racers someone giant runs over me.

·
Registered
313 Posts
well I say 'win' I mean beat amber, normally coming a few places infront of her lol (it dosent help that she likes to park in peoples driveways and what not on some of the maps lol)

·
Registered
118 Posts
This year it is the Halo Covenant Phantom lego, always some lego, spend hours building it and then he has it apart after half an hour lol

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Lego rules! I was chuckling at the Lego Star Wars cartoon they've done the other day. I didn't think they did Halo though - is that Mega Bloxs?
I used to go Denmark a lot as a kid and we always used to go to Legoland there.

Andy if she's parking somewhere on the map then yeah if you weren't beating her then I'd be worried.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Well, my youngest due an op on 19th to take some metalwork out of his leg. All being well, we're gonna av a chilled out get together at in-laws christmas day (on games console). Then back in work for boxing day, night shift (the only shift i'm due to work till new year so can't complain)

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
When I was much younger I used to make sure that only Lego was in the Lego box. Cheap stuff wasn't allowed anywhere near. Lol! There was one Technic model that my grandad and me spent Christmas Day building when i was like 7 then somehow it go knocked off and broken and we had to spend Boxing Day building it again - then my mum broke it again. I feel both old an have a desire to build Lego. I think the cost of Lego might bring me to my senses - £80+ for the Millennium Falcon.
Kirby that sounds pretty perfect. Best wishes to your youngest.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Thought the milennium falcon was something like 130 in tesco yesterday?
My niece loves building lego too, although was a bit overwhelmed when I brought all the old boxes of bricks down from the loft....... When we had a tower touching the ceiling she said you have too much lego uncle cheeky, put that stuff away n just play with mine! LOL

It's going to be a loud christmas with her...... as i've bought her an accoustic guitar WOOPSY!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts