Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was just going through all the details on Confused to see how much my insurance is going to be and i came up on the question "Has you car been modified". Now, when i ordered my Mokka i opted for a rear camera to be fitted so my question is.... is this classed as a modification or is it classed as part of the car 'as is' as it was fitted during the build?

I'm under the impression that modifications are changes made after a car has been built, therefore my rear camera is not a mod.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I think they aremodificationsafter the car has been built.

Putting on new alloys, getting your windows tinted or engine upgrade etc.

·
Registered
197 Posts
MrMayo, as the tinted window are standard to the SE model they will have been included in the quote for your insurance.

Love Stallion generally modifications are usually aftermarket additions and not options added to a vehicle. So they may ask for info on having a towbar added because that would have been fitted at the dealership rather than on the factory build. As you have a techline most people would notice that you have a Nav600 but propably not a small camera eye built into the rear of the car. It depends on much a thief is likely to want your sensible new car thats alarmed and immobilised. insurance companies would say its more likely to be stolen due to the Nav600 screen which is why they have different insurance groups.

All check out the previous post started by BLUM

http://www.mokkaownersclub.co.uk/forum/insurance-groups_topic15.html

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hads123456789 said:
It depends on much a thief is likely to want your sensible new car thats alarmed and immobilised. insurance companies would say its more likely to be stolen due to the Nav600 screen which is why they have different insurance groups.

Up until i read this and (just) checked the vauxhall site i wasn't even aware the car had an alarm fitted... definateley was not mentioned in the configurator back in October (unless i missed that bitas was playing) so cheers for that

·
Registered
61 Posts
To clarify as I work in insurance, modifications are anything you do to change the vehicle outside of the optional extras you can add on. Insurers are aware of the options availible on each car/model and these are factored into the grouping and pricing.

If you do modify your car, always disclose it as some insurers are fine whereas some wont touch them with a barge pole. If you non disclose it could void your policy. Better to be safe than sorry and speak to insurers prior to doing any changes. Hope this helps

1 - 6 of 6 Posts