Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The forum has proved really useful in identifying problems with the car but I thought it might be nice to have somewhere we can post the GOOD things about the brand new cars we've all spent loads of money on. It seems to be proving a really popular car so there must be loads of good things about it, and maybe some things others have not found yet. So go on, be brave and celebrate your new Mokka on here.

What I like best:

The heated seats and steering wheel
Higher driving position
Not having to stick a sat nav on the window
The funky red lights in the dash

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well this idea went down like a lead balloon then! 87 views and not one good thing to say about the car!

·
Registered
339 Posts
Okay DaveW, i'll give it a shot;

What I like best about my (exclusive) Mokka is.....
The seating position is good and comfortable,
The colour, Misty Lake gives my car a clean n crisp image,
Its comfortable to drive (felt bouncy at first but feels bedded in now),
Lots of little cubby holes,
Its quite spacious inside,
Its a big hit with my family,
The wheels look chunky n solid,
Looks better in the flesh than in the brochure,

All in all a nice motor which i'm very pleased with (shame about my dealer experience and some teething issues which I think have been sorted out now). I'm happy with my purchase and look forward to a number of years of happy motoring

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
DaveW I'd live to add something but I don't have the car yet!

·
Registered
494 Posts
Great Post Dave, same as DCB, will deffo comment when I get the Mokka

·
Registered
32 Posts
DaveW
I love my Mokka because

1. It looks effing awesome - none of the pictures or videos you will watch do the car justice. In fact it's the first car since i had an Alfa 156 (yes i'm a glutton for reliability issues) where so many people look at the car.
2. It's great to drive. I have the TechLine 2wd 1.7 diesel and it goes great, both round town and on quick blasts on the M6 Toll
3. it's comfy. I had3 passengers and luggagein it on Monday. Luggage fitted in the boot and all passengers liked the ride. I seem to have found my ideal driving position and although i haven't done any long runs in it - it's looking good
4. TechLine is well equipped. I'ts my company car and this spec works well from a P11d point of view - lots of kit and without a huge tax bill to pay!
5. It looks effing awesome - -did i tell you that!

OK, it seems that Vauxhall experience hasn't worked for all and if i had spent my hard earned cash and encountered some of the issues found on this forum I would be mildly angry.

I did have an issue with AFL headlight alignment when the car arrived -headlights were dazzling everybody in front of me. This was promptly and efficiently dealt with by my local Vauxhall dealer in Wolves. Do they bounce up and down - yes! when the car bounces up and down. Is this perfect - no, but i'm sure it will be resolved.

We're early adopters of a new car model - there were always likely to be small issues. We're pioneers treading the ground for the masses that will follow and we should be proud of it!

I like my Mokka............ a lot!

·
Registered
572 Posts
DaveW said:
Well this idea went down like a lead balloon then! 87 views and not one good thing to say about the car!

I am sure I put that I would comment but I'm still waiting to take delivery...perhaps that post got deleted.....

·
Registered
1,224 Posts

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Best thing about my mokka is the fact that I am not being flashed by other motorists and am not having any problems with my Afl's.

Oh. And did I mention that I don't get my mokka till mid April if I'm lucky.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Best thing i like about my Mokka is......oh wait....and wait.....and wait.......and wait.....
You have to be patient to get one!

·
Registered
572 Posts
Tweev said:
Best thing i like about my Mokka is......oh wait....and wait.....and wait.......and wait.....
You have to be patient to get one!

But the waiting area full of so many awesome people makes the waiting time go faster!!!!!

·
Registered
339 Posts
The one thing which stands out thr most though is the fact that although the outlay is expensive on a new motor, I think I will benefit from cheaper;
car insurance,
road tax,
runing diesel costs,
3 years without mot,
100,000 lifetime warranty,
Etc.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I love driving around in a very rare car!

Seriously, there isn't much to not like. 2wd 1.7 TDCi Techline in Carbon Flash. No serious issues at all yet. 2000 miles on the clock. Comfy, nimble, efficient, sporty, has presence on the road, is tough yet refined, roomy, reasonably small front to back (Tardis-like), excellent warranty, great value for money, headturner. Any other hyperboles required?

·
Registered
94 Posts
DietCokeBloke said:
AlyG said:
DaveW said:

I am sure I put that I would comment but I'm still waiting to take delivery...perhaps that post got deleted.....

You did, you just didn't put it on this thread but here instead.....
http://www.mokkaownersclub.co.uk/forum/whats-inside-your-glovebox_topic573_post6750.html?KW=#6750
lol that comment is probably valid for many posts ...

·
Registered
50 Posts
I LOVE that I can now drive it stress free and problem free!! It is so rare only seen 3 others around Cardiff....that won't last long I'm sure! Loving my heated seats and wheel :) my only nitpick is that my daughter can't see out the windows as they are really high other than that it's perfect now

·
Registered
434 Posts
How old is your daughter my youngest is nearly 3 he'll be gutted if he can't see,glad your problems seem to be sorted

·
Registered
5 Posts
I love the Winter Pack : heated seats and heated steering wheel. Never known such luxury. The DAB radio and Planet Rock as a favorite is perfect. I agree that you get lots of people looking at the car. They think its an Antara but then they double check. Passed my first other Mokka on A9 heading for Perth : was exactly the same. Black 1.7CDI SE : we cruised alongside and gave a knowing smile ... then one split for Perth one for Dundee. Serendipity.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Pammartin75 said:
How old is your daughter my youngest is nearly 3 he'll be gutted if he can't see,glad your problems seem to be sorted
She is 3 in march, she literally can't see a thing! That's my only downside, could get a higher car seat but they cost enough :/

·
Registered
434 Posts
Oh no not good news,didn't take boys for test drive,we've got a mazda 5 at the minute,love it but too much petrol cost,hoping well save a bit,he likes having a nosey he won't be happy lol

1 - 20 of 27 Posts