Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was having a little look at the forum last night and SWMBO'd said, "Why are you a member of this Mokka owners club when you haven't even got your car yet?
I just looked and shaked my head as you can't explain,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, can you?

·
Registered
296 Posts
My wife takes great pleasure in making derisery comments to all and sundry about my attendence on here!!!
I am on here all the time though if im a work or at home (when im not with the kids) but she gets the same reacition from me as she cant possibly understand!!!!

She will hopefully be getting a new car soon and im sure the tables will turn at that point!!!!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Who's son was it ages ago who said it was like being a member of the Unicorn Owners Club? Still at least there are some unicorns on the street now. Tell SWMBO that its like being pregnant & going to anti-natal classes - we'regoing through the planning & anticipation, reading the "how to" manuals & getting ourselves all het up when we hear from someone for whom it didn't all go perfectly... that's my girlie perspective anyways. Is there a more macho answer from a bloke maybe?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Well mr Findles whose car the mokka is "mocks"me all the time for being on here BUT is the first to suggest going on the forum to find something out or when I tell him of things on here he is really interested !!!

·
Registered
490 Posts
My missus has stopped taking the p*ss for being on a forum for a 'car' instead focusing all of her attacks on me being the Moderator.
She knows nothing.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am not alone

Let those who Mokk us stand in shock and awe when the mighty beast arrives and they utter the phrase "ooohhhh, can I have a drive?"

Let them be reminded of the months of urine extraction as you head off into the sunset to take photos of your majestic machine on the moors,,,,,,,,

Eehhrrrmmm. Sorry, got a bit excited then.

š˜š˜š˜š˜š˜š˜š˜š˜š˜š˜š˜š˜š˜

·
Registered
66 Posts
My wife just stood,shook her head,and called me a saddo!!!!!!!!!!!,when she asked what i was doing on the computer!.She couldnt understand the need to go on to this forum,nevermind,hopefully i will be a happy saddo,when my little baby arrives!!!!!!!

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I give you, Simba!!!! ˜³

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Blum said:
Chokkamokka said:
Who's son was it ages ago who said it was like being a member of the Unicorn Owners Club?
Twas I, four months I had to put up with that!
What was even better was in the early days I can remember posts from only you and a few starter ones by Dan.

·
Registered
572 Posts
*clears throat*

not all of you guys ARE guys on here...so stop being so derisory about women!!!

I am on here all the time and the only "man" in my life doesn't mind at all.... my 3 year old Westie who was part of the reason to buy the Mokka lol....much easier to have a back seat for his carrier and not the 2 door hassle :)

I emailed my dealer for an update today......no surprise...no reply ....

#FEDUPOFWAITINGALREADY.....

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
I think they're being derisory about their other halves lack of belief in the power of the forum and the lure of the Mokka and it just so happens that most (with the exception of Findles -not sure if ChokkaMokka has another half or her general preferences) of the other halves happen to be female.

·
Registered
185 Posts
My other half justs thinks I'm nuts to be buying a new car full stop. (he only ever buys 5 yr old cars whenthe big depreciation hit has happened - yes, he was an accountant by training - but he's mostly ok now he's had the therapy). Not sure he's even noticed my forum-habit though he did admire (ie thought I was crazy) getting access to the online brochure before I'd placed an order.

·
Registered
313 Posts
My other half dosent know about here lol (to be fair not been dating long lol) but she takes the piss out of my current car so probably be glad when the newun arrives (not so much when she stops getting spoilt cos all my cash is paying for the car lol)

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
AlyG, Sorry, My 'Partner' Who Must Be Obeyed then,,,,,,,, That better

Anyway, whilst swapping cars round last night she,,, sorry, my partner mentioned that we could both use the 'new' car (she,,,, sorry my partner, can't yet bring herself - I give in with that now - to call it by it's real name) as I car share. She said it would save me swapping the cars around last thing at night.

Ha ha ha ha ha I laughed, it's mine, all mine,,,,,,,,,,,,, mmmmuuuuhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaa.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Go Bandage Boy!I'm gonna hide the keys when I get mine - strictly NO SHARING

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
To be fair tho' it was SHMBO'd that started this Mokka quest. She drove my Clio after not being in it for months and couldn't believe the difference between it and her 11 Corsa. As she started back at work in October after 10 years raising our 3 girls whilst I worked, she made the executive decision for me to buy an Astra.But then I saw her standing there,,,,,, and had to have her.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts