Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Calling all you lucky Lads and Lassies who have taken delivery of your Mokka's. I was wondering what people's perception was of your new addition? It's not a new Corsa or Fiesta that is just new to you, odds on they wouldn't have seen one before would they?
Good or Bad, let us know. Cheers.
Edited by: Bandage_Boy

·
Registered
85 Posts
A petrol head who lives down the road stopped & stared & used one word ........stunning !!! Of course he may of been referring to me but am thinking it was the Mokka !!!

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha, don't flatter yourself Findles

Thanks for that.

·
Registered
208 Posts
From the 60 miles i have done i love ours.... feels very top specd drive compared to our bandit abarth 500 that just wanted to be driven fast and to try and kill me...

Edited by: WIBBLA

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi WIBBLA, the question is, what do 'other' people think of your Mokka?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Rubbish! Stupid me....

Well my family and friends love it.... They all also say the blue brown interior is very very nice? which i thought everyone would laugh.. I was around my aunties at the weekend and there was 2 Kia sportages and a Mokka on there drive and it did look very cool against the kia's :)

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Excellent, I'm chuffed for you, and of course everyone else will hopefully have had positive remarks

·
Registered
339 Posts
Well Handage_boy,
So far so good, family have said they like it and colleagues say its very nice; I haven't had any 'wows' yet but i've only had it one day. It looks very nice sat on our drive and i've yet to see any others on the road yet

·
Registered
109 Posts
A Hyundai Tucson owning colleague is going to check on trading in for a Mokka... Face dropped when I said a lot of you guys have long lead times!
The worst comment so far is "oh, it's an Astra on stilts." But that was followed by said person proclaiming "but I like Astras"... Edited by: CarbonFlash

·
Registered
25 Posts
Had mine for a fortnight and the most popular question is......what is it? Seems not many folk have seen or heard much about them.

·
Registered
109 Posts
aly said:
Had mine for a fortnight and the most popular question is......what is it? Seems not many folk have seen or heard much about them.
Surprised, as I am actually getting bored of the mediocre tv advert. Seems to be on a lot at the mo'?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Yes aly,

when I mentioned to family/friend I was buying a new car, I told them "its a mokka" which was followed by some raised eyebrows and the question, "whats a.....mokka?"
Well now they all know what it is cos its on the drive

·
Registered
296 Posts
Since getting my Mokka i have shown it to EVERYONE i can and I havent had a single negative comment.
One of my pals ran back in the house to get his wife to sit in it as he loved it that much and is now seriouslylooking at getting one!!!

Ive also had alot of instances with people in Peugeot 3008's, Kugas, Juke's Quasquai's etc.... having a good look and even this morning on the M1doing *cough* 70mph a motorcyclist in front of medid a double take in his mirrors and nearly had a tank slapping incident then pulled over and slowed down to let me pass and have a good look!!!!

She has already been used to carry a huge load that i would never have got in my old car and has had 5 adults comfortably in it which was also not possiblebefore.

My kids and wife love her as do my friends the rest of my family and mywork colleagues!!!

I love my MOKKA!!!!!!!! (AKA Blue Belle)

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Glassy, That's the kinda response I hope to get. I just need a nickname for the Mokka now. it'll have to be one for the family to decide upon tho'

So the 3 girls (with kids seats) in the back will have loads of room then. Less cramped than the Corsa

·
Registered
296 Posts
I must admit than when u first look at the back seat it looks very big and more than comfortable for 3 car seats but because of the way the seats sit on the seat itself you loose space at the ends that adults would use so although I have had an adult sit between 2 kids seats that are secured by isofix in the back there's not as much space as I originally though there would be for the adult in the middle. Fine for shortish journeys tho or long ones if you don't like the person
If you had 3 car seats tho that were secured using a seatbelt then the middle one would hold out the other 2 so that would work fine I'm sure.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Had the car (Misty Lake SE 1.7 CDTi) for 2 months now, and I can honestly say it is the best car I have ever owned (and I've had quite a few).
I really liked the Antara, which my brother in law had, but felt it was too expensive to buy and run.
However the Mokka fits the bill perfectly, and so far I cannot fault it.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Glassy, I've used the 3 kids seats in the back of both the Corsa and my current, soon to be traded in, 54 Clio and I tried the seats and girls before I took the plunge.
it must be noted that it would struggle with 3 retractable base seat taken off a baby seat but these are the small seperate ones.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Just been on one trip. The steering is quite heavy but I expect I will get used to that. The engine is a little agricultural compared to the Insignia and itsdefinitelynot as "revvy", there is a rattle somewhere that I need to track down, I think it is the passenger seat belt clanking against the B pillar and will move it in the morning, but it is a handsome car and all in all I like it and am sure it will really grow on me!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts