1 - 20 of 505 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Super Moderator
2,166 Posts
Yeah I remember their Barbecue Summer a few years back, remember seeing the burgers floating down the garden....

·
Registered
112 Posts
I think they come up with these stories of "fantastic weather coming" every year to try give us something to look forward to and stop us getting even moredepressed if theytold us the truth - weather`s just going to carry on being crapall through spring/summer/autumn as usual.

·
Registered
355 Posts
anything more than 5 days out is mostly guess work and not worth the paper its written on or pixels its printed in

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Anything to take our minds off the ruddy election.
Whoever forms the government will probably either take credit for the sunshine or blame the opposition for under-investment in forecasting equipment should it rain

·
Registered
347 Posts
I used to own and run a valeting company we worked I doors but also had a couple of mobile units on the road, back then weather was everything we used to try and plan our week by checking all the forecasts, needless to say that was a pittyful task that more than often failed. Today I just stick a cricket bat out the window and then count the wet spots. Lol

·
Registered
127 Posts
Personally i find the 'weeks' weather forecast on Countryfile on Sunday evening TV is very often fairly accurate but as for anything more than a week away it's not forecasting it's crystal ball work!
(mind you we can't complain about the weather down here on the south coast....
)

·
Registered
127 Posts
What a day......We had thick Sea Fog down here on the South coast this morning and woken by the noise of the ship's fog horns in The Solent and Southampton Water. At around midday it finally lifted and now it's really hot and sunny, not a cloud to be seen.....We'll probably get a frost tonite!

·
Super Moderator
9,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Beautiful day 'darn sarf' 24' and sunny.

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Nice and sunny up north, but no where near 24'. Max today of 9' according to the BBC

·
Super Moderator
9,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Only a high of 17' expected today but nice and sunny.

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Another sunny day. We managed the dizzy heights of 12' this afternoon. Better than was forecast‘� Edited by: Fredave

·
Super Moderator
9,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
A beautiful sunny day 18" 'darn sarf' today. More of the same forecast tomorrow, bring it on.

·
Super Moderator
9,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Their daily forecast 'darn sarf' has been spot on this week. Another beautiful sunny day 17" and 21" anticipated tomorrow.

·
Super Moderator
9,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
We kid you not!

1 - 20 of 505 Posts