Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I have a 1.4t, recently after parking i have noticed a
stream of water appear under the car when ive parked up and dropped kids off to school. This happened again today.

Now i know aircon systems occaisionally dump water
from the system, but there seems to be water under the car whenever i
stop and it literally streams out comingfrom the exhaust (maybe because this is lowest point)????

The engine coolant
levels are fine, temp reading fine etc etc

Any
suggestions? Anyone had similar/

Thanks

·
Registered
404 Posts
The air con system doesnt dump water, its the condensation from the outside of the system that you can see pool underneath the car.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The amount of water is excessive. It doesn't pool, it streams and runs into the kerb and continues........i hope it is just condensation but not too sure?

·
Registered
404 Posts
perhaps just a call into your dealer to put your mind at rest, worth being able to sleep at night.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Smokka said:
The amount of water is excessive. It doesn't pool, it streams and runs into the kerb and continues........i hope it is just condensation but not too sure?
You say it occurs when dropping kids off at school. Is it a short journey as engines produce water which comes from the exhaust. Especially when they are cold. Even so it shouldn't stream.
I agree with jude291that a trip to the dealer is needed.

·
Registered
47 Posts
had this coming from the exhaust also. 1.4 turbo. Was dripping heavily from the tail pipe and also the small pin hole on the back box. Wife was like what the hell is that?... It was a short journey, google it and it said about condensation from cold engine.... Keeping an eye on it at the mo.... Update us if you find anything out regarding it.
Edited by: chelseaboi82

·
Registered
160 Posts
I've had it with my 1.4T too. When I'm stopped on cold days (regardless of engine temps) I often see steam coming from my exhaust in my mirrors. More than i have seen on any other car I have owned. Maybe it's just the type of engine?

·
Registered
258 Posts
My 1.4 Astra turbo used to do this as does my 1.4 Corsa, there is a small hole in the rear box to allow this but if it steaming then I agree go straight to dealer to get checked.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It happened today too. Seems like it only happens at the first drop-off?
Will contact dealer.........

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Left my car overnight with dealers for them to check the water leak.
It was considered normal and no need to worry. The excessive water releasewill happen on very short journeys when the car is stopped and has not had timetowarm up.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Hot gasses cold surfaces combustion all sources of production of water vapour and then condensing into liquid on getting cold. watch some cars exhaust pipes you will seeit dripping out .

·
Super Moderator
2,166 Posts
Smokka said:
Left my car overnight with dealers for them to check the water leak.
It was considered normal and no need to worry. The excessive water releasewill happen on very short journeys when the car is stopped and has not had timetowarm up.

Make the kids walk to school...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anybody else had the same issue. Over a few weeks have noticed a dripping of water from under the car (1.7D 2014). Its located 3/4 of the way up from the back of the car (not under the engine)located under the tunnel that houses the exhaust. Just seems like water nothing in it at all. Protecting the tunnel is what seems like an aluminium shield if you pull that down slightly you can get a bit more water, it seems to collect between the aluminium and the underside body of the car. Not sure if this area collects rain water or something else, Any thoughts? Checked all water levels and they seem to remain static.

Post merged.
Edited by: wellinever

·
Super Moderator
9,373 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi

I have a 1.4t, recently after parking i have noticed a
stream of water appear under the car when ive parked up and dropped kids off to school. This happened again today.

Now i know aircon systems occaisionally dump water
from the system, but there seems to be water under the car whenever i
stop and it literally streams out comingfrom the exhaust (maybe because this is lowest point)????

The engine coolant
levels are fine, temp reading fine etc etc

Any
suggestions? Anyone had similar/

Thanks
yep I have the same problem water streaing from near front of exhaust and amber engine warning light. bought second hand with 30000 miles, will be taking back to dealer. Let you know what happens

·
Registered
521 Posts
I've had it with my 1.4T too. When I'm stopped on cold days (regardless of engine temps) I often see steam coming from my exhaust in my mirrors. More than i have seen on any other car I have owned. Maybe it's just the type of engine?
That is conedsation from hot exhaust gas hitting the cold air

·
Registered
2 Posts
That comes from the catalyst. A product of them is water. Strictly speaking, sulphurous water
thank you

I took the mokka to the garage. They said the EGR valve is faulty, and I have to get a replacement, but they had no thoughts about the streaming water from near the front of the exhaust. Is the water streaming out a design feature of the exhaust system?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts