Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2016 Diesel Mokka automatic.
A few weeks ago the yellow engine warning light came on and car went into limp mode. Got home and booked car in for a diagnostic check (I live in France so booked it into the local garage.) By the time of the appointment, the car was running normally though the warning light was still on. Garage simply checked the fault history, confirmed previous fault and ran a set of tests that showed all was well at that time.

Fault reappeared on Thursday before my trip to the UK on Friday. Fault disappeared when I used the car later that evening and the light went out an hour into my journey through central France. All was good until around Peterborough when the same thing happened again. Loss of power was temporary and the car got me to the North East with no further worries.

After that long-winded (apologies) explanation, there are two things I need to know.

1. Ideas as to the cause and, in the hope that it is not too serious
2. Given that I am due to return to France on Tuesday and may struggle to get someone to look at it in the UK, am I in danger of doing serious damage given that I have a 700 mile trip to do?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
766 Posts
I’ve read it 3 times to ensure I haven’t missed it and I can’t see what the fault code was which you said was confirmed when it was first looked into. Without this crucial information I’m afraid there can be no logical answer.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Well, only had to wait a month to learn what the fault code was.

Probably take another month or two to find out which engine is in it.

·
Administrator
10,731 Posts
Was all ok on the return trip to France from the North East or did it go into limp mode?
Fault appears to be with the turbo and ECM. Good luck.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Managed to get it booked in to a Vauxhall garage while I was in the UK. They couldn’t find anything wrong either and confirmed the same error code. Car was fine on the return journey and has been ever since.
Not sure where to go from here
Was all ok on the return trip to France from the North East or did it go into limp mode?
Fault appears to be with the turbo and ECM. Good luck.

·
Administrator
10,731 Posts
Managed to get it booked in to a Vauxhall garage while I was in the UK. They couldn’t find anything wrong either and confirmed the same error code. Car was fine on the return journey and has been ever since.
Not sure where to go from here
If they couldn't find anything wrong and its fine now; has the warning light and loss of power rectified itself?

·
Registered
766 Posts
If your anywhere near Derby contact me and i can plug my genuine Vauxhall kit into it to see if anything can be uncovered as im not a money making garage so can show you what its says or doesn't say knowing its the same as what a dealer can see.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts