Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 20 of 191 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning,

I though it best to post a new topic in relation to my previous topic of '4x4'

After i left work last night i got the same message of 'All Wheel Drive Off' with the image of a line and 4 wheels, 1 in each corner, and a line going from 1 corner to another

Again there was no light to display it was off or anything to display it was back on in the dashboard.

When i took it in yesterday morning they said they had re-set it and to keep an eye on it, also there was one of the techincal lads who was getting the same message.

After phoneing again this morning to express my concern that its happend again and the manual states to contact the garage ASAP the head of customer service spoke to the technical lad and it seems there is a fault on All Wheel Drives, Vauxhall are apparently trying to find a 'remedy' and they'll keep me updated.

I'm not sure if others can shed any light on this? or if they have expecienced the same

i've looked on vauxhall and unable to find anything

As mentioned previously i have taken a photo of it but there is no facility to upload it

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Well this is the message recieved, look out for it peeps, and be careful as i said before there is nothing to intermate that it's back on or still off

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've contacted Vauxhall

Dear Mr Wilson,

Thank you for your recent enquiry. We appreciate the opportunity to be of service and are committed to providing you with the most accurate and suitable information.

I have passed your enquiry onto the Customer Assistance Centre (CAC) who can help you further with your enquiry. A team member will be in contact with you shortly

I'll keep you peeps updated once I hear anything further

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The plot thickens!

I've had an e-mail back from the main Vauxhall Customer Service

Dear Mr Wilson

I write in response to your email dated 18 January 2012 regarding your Vauxhall Mokka.

I was sorry to learn of the problem with the All Wheel Drive Off coming on your dashboard and can appreciate your reasons for contacting us.

I have reviewed your query with our Technical department. They have advised that they are not aware of a problem concerning your issue. They have requested you take your vehicle back to the Vauxhall dealership for inspection and the dealership is to contact them directly to discuss this concern.

If you would like me to follow this with you please respond advising of the details of the Vauxhall dealership where the inspection will take place, along with the date of the inspection.

If you have any further queries regarding this issue please respond directly to this email, alternatively please call us on 08443690112, quoting your Service Request number

So.....what's going on? is my dealership lieing? Vauxhall Technical department are not aware of a problem. I take it i'm the first with this one then

·
Registered
506 Posts
Given the snow and ice we are currently suffering, are there any AWD owners who can confirm that the AWD does actually work? I know the clever electronics are supposed to do away with wheel spin, but certainly on both my Altea Freetrack and Honda CRV I could tell when the back wheels were being asked to help out on snow and ice.

I just have this vision of no-one actually being aware that (maybe) the AWD is not actually working! Unless an error message is generated as above which would be at the whim of the electronics, then the driver might not even know

·
Registered
27 Posts
I had this message on mine yesterday in the snow. My only gripe with the Mokka is the lack of indication as to wether the 4wd is on or off. I pressed the button in the end of the stalk and the message went and I've not seen it again. But is the 4x4 working now? Who knows!? I also get a juddering/vibration above 60mph like the 4x4 is on. Anyone else get this?

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Hi warrenc, as far as we know this is the only indication that 4x4 is disabled and from what others have siad it would appear it will stay disabled until someone plugs in the computer and re-enables it. Better get it checked in to the dealers.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I was on site today and drove up a really wet and muddy hill to see if the 4x4 as active. My mate was watching and confirmed that all wheels started driving when the going got slippy so 4x4 was definately active. I also contacted the lease company, who raised my concerns about the 4x4 not dis-engaging with the local dealer, and their reply was that the systems relies on sensors and that if there was a fault then there would be a light on the dash to indicate this. As to what the above 'All Wheel Drive Off' message means, I'm no wiser. I've only had it once, but I'm concerned that 4x4 is not dis-engaging. One way to tell may the mpg figures. I'm getting approx 50-52 mpg on A roads driving sensibly at 50-60mph. Another option is to lift the car on a two post ramp and see if all wheels are driving. Edited by: warrenc

·
Registered
313 Posts
warrenc said:
I was on site today and drove up a really wet and muddy hill to see if the 4x4 as active. My mate was watching and confirmed that all wheels started driving when the going got slippy so 4x4 was definately active. I also contacted the lease company, who raised my concerns about the 4x4 not dis-engaging with the local dealer, and their reply was that the systems relies on sensors and that if there was a fault then there would be a light on the dash to indicate this. As to what the above 'All Wheel Drive Off' message means, I'm no wiser. I've only had it once, but I'm concerned that 4x4 is not dis-engaging. One way to tell may the mpg figures. I'm getting approx 50-52 mpg on A roads driving sensibly at 50-60mph. Another option is to lift the car on a two post ramp and see if all wheels are driving.

Problem with the two post method is by rights all 4 wheels should drive.............

As the front wheels will be spinning but rears not, so car will 'think' there is a traction issue and apply power to the rear aswell.

Oh and 50-52mpg on a car with little mileage on isnt that far from what the manufacturers spec says for the 4x4 model (remember even without 4x4 being active all the time it still has to lump the weight around)

Edited by: Andy_H

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Good bit of experimentation work there warrenc. So it would look like that it isn't being disabled permanently but you do wonder why it is posting the messge up and how long it stays off. I do think an email to VCS is in order and then maybe pop it in to the dealers to see what they can pull off the computer and take them for a ride so you can show the juddering at high speed.The juddering might not be anything to do with the 4wd system.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yay!!!! At last! I have had an update from Vauxhall customer services. Apparently there is a fault with the wheel sensors which causes the error to display. I am booked in for Wednesday for it to be resolved. The vauxhall technical team will then be contacted to assist in resolving the problem with the vehicle.

Hope this helps. Not sure if you have already WarrenC but it's best if you take it back to your dealership

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thanks for the info. Mine flashed up the message again this morning. Thats the third time now so I'll pay a visit to the deler next week. On each occasion its in the morning when I'm pulling away from outside my house.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Good to know that a fault (wheel sensors) has been recognised and that resolution should be straightforward(?). As a prospective owner of an AWD Mokka these early teething problems are a worry. Of course from a selfish point of view, all the problems and solutions will have been worked out by the time I get mine

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
So askwilson, I'm guessing they took it back in made the changes but the issue is back?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sadly no....after now recovering the message 5 times they think it is a software issue - unsure of a fix date

·
Registered
339 Posts
Oh no!.....the dreaded AWD mode 'off' has flashed up on my Mokka's DIC screen today, will keep an eye out to see if it happens again and will speak with dealer tomorrow. Not pleased this is now the second fault!

·
Registered
339 Posts
Took my Mokka to my dealer today to have the parking sensor repaired (due to fault) and brought up the issue of the AWD mode saying 'off'; don't know what the outcome of this is going to be yet.....a real good car but the problem list seems to be getting bigger and bigger (especially with others posting problems with the AFL lighting)

·
Registered
339 Posts
Picked my Mokka back up from my dealer on Thursday and discussed the issue of "AWD mode off" with technical engineer; there is a solinoid attached to the sensors in the wheels and if it detects a large difference in heat within the engine the "AWD drive off" will show up. The engineer said the Germans are working on a software update which should be available in the next few weeks. My dealer is due to contact me when this is available

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi there

I am really concerned about this. I have had my Mokka for one week and already had this come up.

I phoned the garage who told me this is normal as the car runs on 2 wheel drive all the time and only goes into 4 wheel drive when necessary. After reading the manual this is not the case. It is obviously a fault and i will be contacting the garage again today.

1 - 20 of 191 Posts