Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

waiting for Mokka, old car problems???

3K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  Bandage_Boy 
#1 ·
Since waiting for a mokka to arrive from the order processhas anyone had any problems with their old cars?? does you Part-ex know it got a short lived life with you?

I've had a tyre with poor glue to the wheel that it seems to have a slow air release over about 4 days until its flat. I have just kept pumping it up. fortunately had invested in an air compressor prior to this.

My clutch went on thurday evening last weekand so that is also in now in the garage. so am car less at the moment.

My tax is due to run out on the 31st of march and the dealer told me on saturday that he has a delivery date of 1st of April. whats the bettingI have to pay my tax just for the 1 day and reclaim the rest back. He believes that theMokka will be there sooner than that day though.

These are all additional cost i could do without but just wonder how many of you that this has happened too or something similar?

#2 ·
Even though i knew i wouldn't be getting the Mokka until Jan i handed my old Ka over as part-ex in November. MOT was due and i couldn't be arsed putting it through as i knew it was a big fail so just off loaded it to Vauxhall on November 5th and took the £778 they offered me for it off the outstanding balance of the Mokka.
Of course, if i was to now cancel my order i have no idea what happens.... have i given Vauxhall a free car? Would they reimburse me something for it?

I'm not planning on cancelling with (apparently) 4 days to go until delivery but i am curious.

#3 ·
Funny you should say that Hads but just before i made the decision to go with the Mokka my Astra Twintop decided to let its clutch go!!!!

£1000 for the replacement!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT HAPPY!!!!

It must have known!!!

#4 ·
Ouch Glassy on that cost. My merchanic has qouted in the ball park figure of £270-£300 so im not exceptionally happy but i still have to get around for nextc couple of months and cycling in this weather is not appropriate for me right now.

Love stallion has that made you car less well until the 11th hopefully. That must suck getting around. im in luck that I can steal my other halves Tigra cc but is too much of a hair dressers car for me and the visability is rubbish. So much that we are taking out an Astra tonight to try and replace it due to the weight and it was her impulse buy that she now regrets 2.5 years on.

#6 ·
My Mokkas due on 11th Jan, fingers crossed as the mot runs out on my Zafira on 17th; I wont be happy if I have to pay for that.
I did have a break down this time last year in my Zafira, gear levet cable snapped + the added expense of an mot, all in all cost in the region of a grand. Hence the reason I hung on to it for as long as possible and now I think its time to part ways before it costs me any more money

#7 ·
hads123456789 said:
I'm in luck that I can steal my other halves Tigra cc but is too much of a hair dressers car for me and the visability is rubbish. So much that we are taking out an Astra tonight to try and replace it due to the weight and it was her impulse buy that she now regrets 2.5 years on.
It's funny, my Tigra was a good rushed buy (dealer owned stock)just before they stopped making them and I've loved it. Rear visibility is okay-ish but depending on the weather I pretty much use the wing mirrors anyway due to the deflector. I have the top down whenever the sun is out despite the temperature.
I'd love to swap it for a Cascada if money was no object for the extra seats and better interior though I'd have to deal with a soft top.

#8 ·
Had to get the clutch, flywheel and the slave cylinder done.

It started to make a horrible noise as you started to engage the clutch and it was starting to slip on hill starts. Got it done for £570.00. VX wantedup to£1700!!!!!

Did not really want to get it done at all but with the Mrs doing a 40 odd mile round trip every day and deliverysupposedly end of Jan early Feb i feltwe had no option. With delivery nearly 5 months away im glad i did.

Next its got to have a service and MOT plus road tax end of FEB.

#10 ·
oh no, the day before my astra j 1.7cdti sri was due for evaluation for px, some dopey mare clipped the back bumper, scraped the paint off the left corner and the bumper alignment went out, so i got valued at £9k for a 60 plate with 22k on the clock
. Should i have put it right, or cut my losses???Well, had i know i'd be waiting 6 months for the dam thing to arrive maybe i should have been a little less hasty.

#11 ·
I sympathise and empathise G!!! I know how u feel!!!!

Coming home from work early on Friday coz of the snow I had driven 20 miles home and as I turned into my road the car lost traction and slid into the curb. I wasn't going more than 5mph and got a bit of a thump and drove off straight away. Parked outside the house and didn't drive it again until Monday.

The car is now pointing right and to keep it in a straight line I have to hold the steering wheel a qtr turn to the left!!! No idea how bad the damage is yet and not looking forward to finding out on Saturday!!!

#14 ·
My Clio is on the drive now until Friday, I've done a deal with my suffering car sharer so I don't have to risk driving it again on the 80 mile round trip to work.
The up side is, I will drive the Mokka next week.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.