Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I ordered my Mokka in November still ages before I see it so no big rush,

Question does anyone know where the designers have fitted the air intake on a Mokka, or what is the Wading Depth?, we get more and more floods as it is loads cheaper than cleaning drains

I know most manufactures like to put the air intake really low down....

·
Registered
27 Posts
I've got the Diesel and the air intake is piped from the bonnet slam panel, so its pretty high up. I can get a pic if it helps?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Intetesting question there Charlie,
A pic of the air intake would be great warrenc.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you ,that'sfabulous news, not that I'd want to wade that deep but don't need to worry about the 'catastrophic enginefailure' thing in floodsetc

·
Registered
132 Posts
Does anyone know what Vauxhall state the wading depth is?

I had a Kia Sportage and the air intake was the same height as the Mokka, but the rated wading depth was 18 inches.

Tried this out once by accident, depth was around 18 inches but the bow wave came over the bonnet, the car survived but this was a close call, and I'm sure Vauxhall would not honour a warranty claim at this depth if the engine show signs of water ingress

·
Registered
315 Posts
I went up to Edinburgh this weekend and hit some pretty big road lakes, loads of fun and the car is still alive.

Just don't try and start the car if you stall in a deep puddle

·
Registered
60 Posts
It obviously depends on the size/weight of the car but the powers that know, Polce, Fire, Environment Agency will tell you that a foot of flowing water will make your car float

·
Registered
241 Posts
The other thing to bear in mind is that wading depth is not just a function of air intake height. I used to run a landrover freelander and that has a depth of 18 inches but some prep had to be undertaken before doing this. Also, as already mentioned that depth is for still water, fast flowing water will soon build up against the vehicle and float it away. Things such as electrics and breather pipes can also cause problems if wading through water.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts