Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After saving a shed load on external GAP Insurance i started wondering about the VX Protect i've opted for. Is this available from 'Other People' or is this a dealer specific thing? I remember when i was sniffing after a Kia Sportage the Rep at the time was telling me about their Diamond Protect so am thinking if all of the motor dealers have some form of paint / interior protection then surely it must be available from an independant?

·
Registered
633 Posts
Watch
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnXsZQUmvNo
and
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JI594z58eP0
Then buy
Diamondbrite.
Stage one / Stage two / Upholstery spray
for about a tenner on Flea bay.
Just done 'er indoors Nissan Note, didn't even use all of both bottles, gives a good 'beaded' shine.
At least you know it all done to your standard not the car cleaner at the dealers whose watching the clock for lunch time.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Ok, wheres the moderators on this site, what moron said "Just done 'er indoors Nissan Note, didn't even use all of both bottles, gives a good 'beaded' shine." and recommended Diamondbrite.
I've just spent 4 hours FOUR HOURS doing a white Mokka with white pasty goo. You can put the first coat on, no trouble, the second coat is like spreading toothpaste all over the car, and getting to the roof.....................
Then it comes to getting the gear off, white goo off a white car, throw the numbnut off the site, get the moderators to fine him or something, I'm just off to have a heart attack.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was told "it takes about 4 hours and your car comes out with what can only be likened to a Teflon non stick protective coating".
4hrs, 7hrs,.... Blum, you've gone quiet... can you reach the big red triangle to pull it?

·
Registered
633 Posts
NURSE! Their all having a pop at me, tell them to go away.
That was just the body, still to spray insides with the fabric protector and do the windows with the rain x type stuff, oh and then they show applying wheel protector.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I've also gone for diamond brite supplied by dealer. Cost was £450 including vat. Also get interior carpets and some form of boot liner (don't think it will be a vauxhall liner but you never know) thrown in. I also managed to get a discount so getting it for £250 inc vat.

·
Registered
633 Posts
I would like to tell you how good it makes you feel to have done it all yourself,

but honesty and aches prevail.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Well Blum I'm so glad you've survived your mokka workout. I'm glad I paid for diamond brite to be done and managed to get 20% off so can't tell you the price but it was cheaper then the usual on the launch weekend. After all your efforts I'm going to feel quite relaxed.
Have a good sleep tonight!

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
As my Mok came with no details on maintaing the VX Protect (it came with a scabby 'faxed' look certificate) is anyone in the know when it comes to washing the car?
It sounds like a proper n00b question, but when i first ordered it my then Rep stated "don't bother using soapy water or polishing the car as this could take the protection off. Just connect a hose to a waterbutt so you use rain water and rinse the car.... all the muck will just run off". Whereby the chap who delivered the vehicle said the he uses the traditional method of warm soapy water and a sponge as just using a hose dosen't get everything off.

The VX Protect part of Vauxhalls site provides no answers apart from a range of aftercare products i'm sure they would love me to buy.... so, soapy water, hose, blow on it? What's the best way to make sure the protection and it's warranty remain intact?

·
Administrator
254 Posts
Don't use washing up liquid as that will remove the wax coatings. A good car shampoo will be good though. Did you not get a little kit with some products in from Vauxhall?

Each paint protection pack comes with a complimentary aftercare pack with products that help owners care for their paint protection, but additional bolt-on products can be purchased separately.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
There was a case with 1x bottle of stuff to combat rain acid (add 3 small caps to a bucket of water) and 1x bottle of stuff to clean the alloys. And various cloths. The kit that was in the car is not one of the ones advertised on the VX Protect page.
So i'm assuming the bottles i've had should do the job?

·
Administrator
254 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Washing up liquid has salt in it to thicken it, supposed to make you think it lasts longer (?).
Car shampoo followed by final rinse with with concentrate Demon Shinein watering can, or they sell ready mixed sprays. Its a polymer that causes beading and shine.

Edited by: Blum

·
Registered
505 Posts
Take a look at thishttp://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=4637

As saiddon'tuse washing up liquid it will take off the layer of protection that is there. Also dont use a dirty sponge or wash mit as you will Scratch your Car. Always hose or Jet wash the car off first. Always start from the TOP and work your way down.

As you have a protection on you need to use a Neutral Car Shampoo so not to strip this off.

Have a look on herehttp://www.autobritedirect.co.uk/index.php/exterior-cleaning/car-shampoos-wash-n-wax.html.

They are a good family business to deal with and there products areexcellent. And if you need any advice just give them a ring.

For washing i would do this process.

Roof then Rinse
All Round the top Half then Rinse
Bonnet then Rinse
All round the bottom Half then Rinse
Sils Then Rinse
Wheels Rinse

you get the method

For the Wheels and Sils i use a different Wash mitt.

And i also use a drying towel then apply a quick detail spray.

If anyone needs any advice just send me a message.

Andy

1 - 20 of 40 Posts