1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
214 Posts
Other than the battery replacement, assuming its the massive start/stop job in a Mokka, seem well over priced. £185 for a front disc 'service' (assume thats supposed to mean pads and disc replacement)??

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
The Vauxhall dealerships are are in the mire and are slowly sinking into oblivion -- my local Perry's just like others closed their doors on the 27 March. The workshops prior to closure and new car sales had nose dived in revenue which begs the question why ? -- labour and parts overpriced and new car sale almost stagnent does not help -- local Perry's wanted to charge me £268 labour for fitting front and rear discs told them to expensive and the price suddenly dropped by £100 but still no prepared to pay that, local garage price £85 -- there is no way a Vauxhall dealer can compete with a independant for garage repairs the dealerships have massive overheads -- used car sales are the bread and butter for dealerships these days and the forecourt tells the story with hardly any Vauxhall's in sight -- don't like to say this but this could be the end of a load of Vauxhall dealerships in the coming months -- I will always use genuine spares if possible but it's goodbye to the dealers workshop

·
Super Moderator
9,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Shame, as maybe under the ownership of PSA things might improve. ;)

·
Registered
473 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
[QUOTE="Markp90,
Other than the battery replacement, assuming its the massive start/stop job in a Mokka, seem well over priced. £185 for a front disc 'service' (assume thats supposed to mean pads and disc replacement)??
[/QUOTE]

But I don't see many independents offering "Vauxhall is also offering zero percent finance on all parts and servicing, from three to 12 months. It means a Vauxhall Approved brake service will cost £24.75 over four months".

·
Super Moderator
9,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Maybe they don't give "Quotes prices are bundled to include parts, labour and VAT, and Vauxhall Approved parts have a two-year parts and labour warranty." o_O

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
[QUOTE="Markp90,
But I don't see many independents offering "Vauxhall is also offering zero percent finance on all parts and servicing, from three to 12 months. It means a Vauxhall Approved brake service will cost £24.75 over four months".
[/QUOTE]
That is true desperation on the part of Vauxhall -- blimey, if they want to give customers the option of getting repairs done on the knock it's coming to something 😀

·
Super Moderator
9,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
In the present situation I think it's a clever move by Vauxhall. Many people are on furlough or without employment and with finance companies giving holidays on repayments it's probably a win win approach. .

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Yes I would like to think it would help peeps who are struggling to run their car but the end game is that Vauxhall dealerships are now like the ghost towns and are really being hit hard and to exist are having to revaluate their priceing structure to survive 😕

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
My dealership Perry's of Preston are reopening on Monday 1st June complete with plastic protection screens for staff, floor markers for distancing, card payment only so suppose their keeping within the government advice -- now the only thing they now have to do is get the punters buying cars again and the workshops overflowing with work -- will have to see how it goes through the month of June

·
Super Moderator
9,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
With most dealerships opening Monday 1st June they will all have a problem with the sale of cars. I'm not quiet sure how a test drive will evolve, with some suggesting trade plates could be used for an individual with the promise that they return it. o_O:ROFLMAO:
Hopefully appreciation will be shown as the workshops re-open.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Apparently test drives will not be accompanied by the salesperson --it will be a position of trust that they bring the car back

·
Super Moderator
9,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I would assume the usual precautions would be taken as when hiring a car.
Hopefully members will inform us of their experience if/when participating.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts