Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I am going to order my Mokka within the next few days.

Has anybody bought the Vauxhall service plan for their Mokka.

Is it worth doing this for £19.99 per month ? Or is it cheaper to just pay for the services ?

I have never bought a new car before so am pretty clueless about service charges etc.

Many thanks for any information..

it will be the 1.6 FWD version..

Edited by: amokka

·
Registered
633 Posts
I went to two dealers for quotes,

Bristol Street, my nearest dealer, who could have picked up and dropped off
Retail Price =£793.07 Plan price = £696.66
1 payment £20.49 33 payments of £20.49

Evan Halshaw (where I bought the car), will supply courtesy car, free.
Retail price £585.15
1 payment £17.22 33 payments of £17.21

Now I can see its only 3 quid a month, they are both for the first three services, with 10% of accessories, 30 quid mot on the 3rd one, blah, blah but, £111 quid is a tank and a half of juice.
Both quotes in writing if you want to show them to your dealer

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok, Cheers for the info. I will make a note of your quotes so I have something up my sleeve if I cant get a good enough deal out of them.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I thought of using an independent garage, but how would this affect the 100,000 mile warranty.

Do the services have to been completed by an authorized Vauxhall dealer to comply with the warranty requirements ?

·
Registered
633 Posts
If you can prove they used Vauxhall approved parts and 'Technicians' approved by Vauxhall and Vauxhall standard service schedule then when -
"All you have to do is present your Warranty Card along with your
completed and up-to-date Service Booklet to a Vauxhall Authorised
Repairer. The lifetime warranty is dependent on an annual vehicle check
at an Vauxhall Authorised Repairer who will activate the warranty
extension for another year."
Small service = Change the oil
Big Service = Change the oil and kick the tyres.

http://www.kwik-fit.com/manufacturer-servicing.asp

"In 2002, European Parliament took a view that the practice of
manufacturers forcing car owners to go to dealerships to get a service
to uphold warranty was too restrictive. In a law commonly called ""˜Block
Exemption', all manufacturers must make available the service schedules
and on board computer information to all garages. They must also accept
parts that are equivalent to the original equipment but not necessarily
from the same source. This law was renewed in 2010 and Kwik Fit's
skills, equipment and purchase of the servicing schedules enable us to
be a genuine alternative to a dealership. Our stamp in your service book
upholds your warranty."

Edited by: Blum

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Blum, that's excellent information. You really have me thinking about this now. Thank you..

BTW. I personally wouldn't use Kwik-Fit though, as they nearly killed me a few years back when I got them to change my brakes... The brakes stopped working whilst I was on the motorway. They had re fitted the brakes incorrectly on my Volvo... Lucky escape for me and the missus !

Edited by: amokka

·
Registered
96 Posts
I think they said mine was £16.99 a month which still isn't that cheap as it doesn't need a MOT yet. I was paying around £200 ish for my Astravan at the dealers with MOT, who also seem to like recommending brake pads when only 50% used as I done them myself and was surprised by the amount left on them.
I suppose over the years they will increase so £16.99 may not be too bad over 3 years.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I would have thought the dealer should be your first port of call, failing that, customer services should sort it for you. Edited by: Fredave

·
Registered
38 Posts
I took out the service plan with Eden vauxhall where I bought my Mokka. Got quoted for the first three services (20000 miles or 12 months) the price includes brake fluid change at second service and first MOT at third service. £15.33 x 36.
Thought this was a good deal.

·
Super Moderator
9,678 Posts
If you are happy to pay £551.88 over three years then yes, it's a good deal.
You will always find someone has paid less, but what matters most is contentment with what you have achieved.

·
Super Moderator
9,678 Posts
Hiharveycadand welcome to this Forum.You say they are going to register the car? I would go online and make sure it's taxed as the onus is on you.
Tax Disc Be Aware.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi,I have a service plan with Bristol Street Motors (Vertu Motors).
I made a 12 minute call to their 0843 number with a question about my plan and the call has been charged at 18p a minute, absolute rip off.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Don't understand what GM/Opel/Vauxhall is doing.When I first looked at a mokka 1 1/2 year ago it came with a 5 year warranty.
When I ordered one a year ago that had changed to 3 year warranty, 3 year free service and 3 year free assistance.
Now when I look, it only comes with 2 year warranty and 1 year free assistance.
I think they underestimate the competition and especially KIA with it's 7 year warranty.

·
Super Moderator
9,678 Posts
As far as I can remember, (I'm sure members will correct me if I'm wrong) the Mokka originally came with a ten year 100,000 mile warranty plus one year free assistance. At the beginning of this year it was reduced to three year, 60,000 miles plus one year free assistance and continues to date.<h3 ="r" style="font-size: 18px; font-weight: normal; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; overflow: ; text-overflow: ellipsis; white-space: nowrap; color: rgb34, 34, 34; font-family: arial, sans-serif;">Vehicle Warranty & Assistance | New Vehicle ... - Vauxhall</h3>

·
Registered
788 Posts
If I was to offer any advice on service plans, it would be to not take one out and pay the equivalent cash into an on-line account.
Then come service time call and see what deal they can do, quids in!

Edited by: Bandit

·
Registered
196 Posts
wellinever said:
As far as I can remember, (I'm sure members will correct me if I'm wrong) the Mokka originally came with a ten year 100,000 mile warranty plus one year free assistance. At the beginning of this year it was reduced to three year, 60,000 miles plus one year free assistance and continues to date.

<H3 style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; MARGIN: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; TEXT-OVERFLOW: ellipsis; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; FONT-FAMILY: arial, sans-serif; WHITE-SPACE: nowrap; FONT-SIZE: 18px; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; PADDING-TOP: 0px" ="r">Vehicle Warranty & Assistance | New Vehicle ... - Vauxhall</H3>
It was a Lifetime or 100,00 mile warranty originally.

·
Registered
43 Posts
wellinever said:
As far as I can remember, (I'm sure members will correct me if I'm wrong) the Mokka originally came with a ten year 100,000 mile warranty plus one year free assistance. At the beginning of this year it was reduced to three year, 60,000 miles plus one year free assistance and continues to date.<h3 ="r"="" style="font-size: 18px; font-weight: normal; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; overflow: ; text-overflow: ellipsis; white-space: nowrap; color: rgb34, 34, 34; font-family: arial, sans-serif;">Vehicle Warranty & Assistance | New Vehicle ... - Vauxhall</h3>
Should add that this was in Sweden.
Looked again today and I got a paper when I picked up my car 2015-01-15 signed by the dealer that gives me 3 years warranty, service and assistance.
They called it flexcare or 3x3.
This official Opel paper was dated for model year 2015, but it seems that it is not valid nomore for new cars.
Now it is the same deal as in the UK but no limit for milage.
Very confusing for customers when they keep changing.
10 years warranty would be nice!

Edited by: bigfoot

1 - 20 of 35 Posts