Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, we've just finished up a Mokka video review at Motortorque.com and it'd be great if you could give me some honest feedback and let me know what you think of the video.

[TUBE]4pvfSaFrPSY[/TUBE]

Look forward to hearing back from you.

·
Registered
506 Posts
OK - Honest feedback. There are 4 models in the range not 3. What about the Tech-Line which is probably the best value for money. No technical information regarding engine and how it compares with other marques. Would expect an engine comment given the concerns expressed over the 1.7 diesel. No comments regarding performance, ride, road holding.

Sorry, but I've found better information elsewhere

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the honest feedback, it's really appreciated. If we could add the information that you've stated we missed out, do you think that the video would be something you'd watch?

If you have the time to answer, do you think you could let me know what exactly would make you watch a video review like this, what would appeal to you?

Really appreciate the points you've made and it'll help us work on the production of future videos

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
The things I like to see in the video are the person showing the features of the boot, how the seats go down, them sitting in the back (with the front seat setup to them already) to show how comofrtable it is, the fonr of the car, with a brief overview of the features and storage and something your video really misses is how the car feels to drive.

·
Registered
506 Posts
JRauto said:
If we could add the information that you've stated we missed out, do you think that the video would be something you'd watch?
How would I know of the existence of the video in the first place though. I've just visited your site and that's the first time I've seen or heard of it.

Also the only way to know whether the video tells me what I want to know is to watch it! The result will be I will either bookmark the site as being a good source of information, or like most of them ignore them as being just rehashed version of manufacturers press releases.

I have no interest in motoring sites in general, I just search for specific information. For instance (having just checked) I've looked at every link on the first 3 pages of a Google search on "Vauxhall Mokka". Similarly on YouTube. I will download those videos I find useful and ignore the rest.

With regard to a "new" review of the Mokka, then it should take into account the negatives posted elsewhere ie, the supposed agricultural and noisy diesel engine and comment accordingly, otherwise what use is the review? Similarly a degree of in depth research is required. For instance what is the truth of the assertion that the aforementioned tractor engine will be replaced by a new and more up to date 1.6 diesel engine in 2014. Then there is the most recent development whereby suspension and steering are being tweaked for the UK market following adverse press reviews.

I think what I am probably saying is that video reviews date too quickly. It's nice to see the pretty pictures, but for up to date information a text article is probably going to be more up to date.

I'm still very keen on the Mokka, but I want to know as much about the vehicle as possible before I consider a purchase. No single review will provide all this information, nor any single online forum.

Caveat Emptor!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies everyone; it's been a lot of help. Sorry that the video didn't contain everything you had hoped it would.

I really appreciate all of the comments and help.

Edited by: JRauto

·
Premium Member
254 Posts
I quite liked the video, I thought it was well put together and certainly looks professional. It was perhaps more of an 'Overview of the Mokka' than a full on review but still good and about the right length I would expect.

I like Carbuyers reviews and they seem to go a bit more in depth.

·
Registered
197 Posts
one thing that gets missed out is about how well specified up the entry level "S" is for those on a tighter budget. Hill start assist? ESP, hill descent control

Even though you have the top of the range model "SE" to hand nothing is mentioned about some of the additional options that make it the top of the range or optionsthat can be added. Sign recognition and lane departure camera, Reversing camera,etc
I like to see how thinks in a car work and if these are shown on video they are always handy and more likely to be watched again.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Hi,
Well I personally liked your video review of Vauxhall Mokka; like others have mentioned, its not a thorough review more like an overview but thats okay. I particularly liked the close up shots of the Mokka in motion, gives an idea of on the road ride.
The video length was about right and with the extra info that others have mentioned it wouldve been a great review.

Can't wait for my Mokka in Jan

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Some more great comments. You guys are brilliant thanks, you're really helping us out. Apologies to anyone who thinks that we didn't cover enough or perhaps didn't provide the information you would like to see in a video; that's why I'm asking for tips on how to make them better, so we can find out what it is that people want to be provided with in a car review video.

It sounds like we have the style, length and professionalism in the right place - we just need to provide a wider range of performance information (I think that perhaps we were worried about data overload or boring the casual viewer).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry for the double post; but just thought I'd add this. We always post a written review with our videos as well, which often go into much more detail about the vehicle. Here's the article we've posted to accompany the video. Do you think this is a good idea?

http://www.motortorque.com/vauxhall-mokka-hatchback-(2012-on)-tech-line-car-review-20528.aspx
Edited by: JRauto

·
Registered
572 Posts
It was interesting but no mention of the flexi bike rack (a really smart feature) and it's not a rival for the Nissan Duke - it's more a rival for the Qashqai.
Also, just a personal thing but when a video demo's a filthy car I'm immediately turned off.

Yes I know the weather wasn't great but showing any clip of dirt immediately turns me off.

I didn't think it was overly informative and didn't really tell me anything about the car either.

I've found more interesting reviews online and if I'd come across your review before buying, it wouldn't have answered any questions and I'd have done further research....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts