Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys.

Had my mokka just over a year, and had no issues until now.

I get a whine at 900 revs and 1200 revs whilst driving, also present when revved when stationary.

Any ideas what it could be? I'm guessing it can be heard from the outside the car but more noticable sat inside.

The car has done around 73,000 miles cambelt and water pump done.

Saying that I didn't notice the noise before the cambelt change.. or just more noticable?

Any help would be great.

Cheers
Martin.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I think you pretty well answered your own question, from what you say it seems your new cambelt is the culprit, it could just be a matter of the new belt needing to bed onto the worn sprockets, but sometimes fitters give the tensioner a helping hand with a screwdriver "just to be sure" it's tight and end up over tightening it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers for the reply, will it settle in ok then? It's been around 4/5 months since it was done.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Ah! I got the impression the belt change was recent, if you've done 5,000 miles or more it should have settled in by now, but if you are convinced the noise started when the cambelt was changed it would be prudent to get it checked out, in case a mistake was made when it was fitted, whoever did the work would probably have a look without charging you, out of interest was it a main dealer?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok. No it was an independent garage. I did take it back to them when I first heard the noise a day or so after the belt was fitted, they said it would settle down but the noise is still there.

Will it be causing any damage? Until I can get it looked at?

Cheers
Martin

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
If there is a problem with how the belt was fitted it won't be slowly causing damage, but if the belt fails it will be sudden and cause massive engine damage, I would go back and say, it hasn't settled what now?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts