Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 20 of 163 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks decent this, not a bad review either considering Vauxhalls don't get the best treatment in the press:http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/vauxhall/grandland-x/100950/new-vauxhall-grandland-x-2017-review

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
kimona said:
A very handsome car. Peugeot's contribution for long term reliability yet to be determined. Stay tuned.

Being a "foreigner" you probably don't know this story, some years ago when you parked a Pug on your drive and diligently left it in gear as you should with a manual car, while you were sleeping it would engage the starter motor and creep up to your house, once against the wall the starter could no longer turn and set the electrics on fire, PSA refused to compensate owners for the damage to their cars or homes, sales slumped, they closed their UK factory and slunk back to France with their tail between their legs. and just when you thought you were safe in your bed......

·
Registered
234 Posts
Now this is a VX I like, along with my Mokka of course. When time comes to change out of the Mokka this will be on the list, along with the new Skoda Yeti replacement too (but replacement is two years away so I can wait and see what refinement and reliability issues crop up with both)

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
I'm not changing until next year but will be going to the Skoda Karoq launch even next week.

I almost got a Yeti before I decided on the Mokka (the Yeti was on a nine month wait list).

At the time the dealer was really apologetic and kept me on their mailing list. So it's drinks and nibbles next Wednesday!

·
Registered
234 Posts
nigelbrooks said:
I'm not changing until next year but will be going to the Skoda Karoq launch even next week.

I almost got a Yeti before I decided on the Mokka (the Yeti was on a nine month wait list).

At the time the dealer was really apologetic and kept me on their mailing list. So it's drinks and nibbles next Wednesday!

oooh lucky,

A friend of mine has just brought the Skoda Kodiaq, i have no need for the seven seats but he does, the car is huge and a very comfy place to sit and cruise, and order books for the Karoq open on 3ed Oct and prices are very good indeed

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
I have to say that the local Skoda dealer was apologetic almost to an extreme. He wanted the sale but simply couldn't source a Yeti with leather seats at the time.

My mate down in Gloucester is devastated as he has had a new Yeti every two years since 2009 and absolutely loves his motor.He picked up a 'last of the line' SEL Drive Auto version on 1st September, what he will do in 2019 God alone knows.

Karoq pricing looks good.

Edited by: nigelbrooks

·
Super Moderator
8,883 Posts
If this is the talk of being a replacement for our 1.4t auto Mokka, it would have to improve on its 1.2t, 3 pot 0-60 11.2.performance. The mpg/emissions brigades are taking the enjoyment out of driving.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Enjoy!

I was out and about in a Skoda Kodiaq yesterday.

Silly name but a lovely solid car and the ride quality over what passes for roads in this part of London was really, and I stress really, comfortable.

Different league to the Mokka but although I have yet to test drive the Kodiaq's little brother the Karoq I suspect it will be 'the same but smaller' - a real competitor to the Mokka.

Going to test drive a Seat Arona next month - competitive pricing and a marginally bigger boot than the Mokka X

·
Registered
351 Posts
im thinking of just keeping my mokka until it dies, there nothing im keen on at the moment, dont like the mokka x, (suppose if push came to shove i would put up with 1 but having driven the 2 side by side, i much prefer my older spec mokka, did 500 odd mile in an x)only thing i maybe would be tempted to is an isuzu dmax, (used to have a trooper)

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oh, sounds like another example of Vauxhall's excellent customer service!

Are you booking yourself back in?

·
Super Moderator
8,883 Posts
Vauxhall ultimately "carry the can" but the blame ls surely with the dealership?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Hi,

I must admit that I am tempted to have a Grandland X because they have better boot space and I am hoping that they also are quieter in terms of road noise.

As for the behaviour of the sales manager it is amazing presumably the car that is being put on the road for him is a demonstrator. Find another dealer to oblige !

I have been quite happy with my second Mokka (an X) bought in May 2017, although I think the finish and quality, is not as good as the first one I bought in late 2013.The new one has various rattles here and there which are somewhat irritating.
Rick

1 - 20 of 163 Posts