Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apparently I was on the email list.
There are two sets of events, the previous mentioned Farnborough events and the new Manchester events.
Two test drives allowed per group. Max of two adults plus kids.

Farnborough (10 to 11 November 2012) & Manchester (24 to 25 November 2012).

Details and book your slot here http://www.vauxhall.co.uk/about-vauxhall/fast-forward/home.html Edited by: DietCokeBloke

·
Administrator
254 Posts
Thanks for the link. I'm sure I signed up for more details on the Vauxhall website but have not had any emails from them. I am in the North East mind so maybe they were only sent out to 'local's'?

·
Registered
197 Posts
It sounds as though anyone going to the fast foward event 10-11thwill get to cast their eyes and test drive the mokka before most of the dealers have there instuctions and test driveon the vehicle its self.
My local dealer has booked me in for a test drive on the 17th ashe has been told its the offical release date,but said as soon as it get in the garage I will be the first customer to take a test drive. They expect one of their models to be here on the 14th and he will bring it to my home address for me to try as he lives in the next road.
Good customer service so far...

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not sure, I didn't get a note when they were talking about just Farnborough but did when Manchester was mentioned. Are you going to trek over the hills to rainy Manchester Dan or are you just going to wait for it at the dealers?

·
Administrator
254 Posts
I am tempted because I want to see if first
. But realistically it might be a bit far just for the sake of a week's wait....

·
Registered
633 Posts
Was to be 11 on the 11th (doh).......
But with the arrivals in local showrooms don't know if 3 hours return around the M25/M3 justifies it. Don't want to meet Adam or have an electrifying experiance with Ampera, and a Batak wall has escaped me for the last five decades, so I think I can do without that.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I was there this morning and got to drive a 1.4Turbo Petrol and a 1.6 Petrol SE. According to the guy that came with us there was no diesel available. Bit disappointing but the 2 petrol test drives were great. Engine wise deffo the 1.4Turbo over the 1.6. Latter one is too slow and non-responsive for my taste. Blogged on newbies post "New impressions". They also have a showroom with 2 Mokka's, one with the internal bike rack altho no-one knew how to operate it lol you must be able to close the back door with the rack and bikes on it, maybe you need the key to be in the contact? Anyone who is going, let us all know what u thought of it? Cheers, Seb

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I went down today and really enjoyed it. Got there a bit early and was treated to a free drink (other half had a tea while I had a nice raspberry and orange drink.
You enter the main room by way of a time line show the last few decades and how Vauxhall has changed. Once in the main room there are various Vauxhalls in the centre, the Australian ASBO VX, an Insignia VXR, all three Astra shapes, an Antara, a Meriva, a Zafira and an Ampera. There are two Adams in two chambers off to the fore left and at least three Mokkas, to chambers to the aft. The one to the rear right is an Exclusiv with Space saver option next to a Batack wall (got 69!) and a crazy RC Ampera track. The other half showed me why I'd feel more comfortable driving home by smashing hers repeatedly into a wall. The rear left chamber has a SE with the Sat Nav in it and the space saver and an Exclusiv with the flex fit carrier on it thought I could work out how the thing pivots to get into the boot. Near to them is a competition to see how many balls are in an Astra. In the front centre of theain chamber is the entrance to the "brain washing" talk as the fiancée called it where they unfailing the Adam and the Mokka (probably explaining why the cars are slightly hidden as well as a Cascada (which really looks nice). Once done in there they take you out the back to the test drive area where you're paired with a pro driver and given the choice of car. There were propper coffee baristas and more free drinks inside including hot chocs with marcallows and whipped cream.

Unfortunately there were no Diesel Mokkas there so opted for the 1.4turbo. The circuit leads out of the airport to a mix of roads that head towards Fleet at first then round back towards Aldershot and then back to Farnborough and into the airport again. Very odd this procession of Vauxhalls streaming round with their day LEDs on nice and bright. Next up was the Ampera which was very odd the way it just goes without the generator kicking in. The other half fancied a drive but she said she had forgotten the paper part of her license - not they ever checked for it so she probably could have gotten away with it.

Mokka wise I really liked the car, driving position was nice, plenty of knee room in the back once I had set up the seat for 5ft 10 frame. I was kind of expecting a panel between the space saver and what I thought was a false floor in the boot. Biggest surprise was the UK propper plug socket in the back of the centre console! Seats fold almost totally flat nice and easily. The SE has part electric seats. Forwards and back, up and down is manual but the tilt and other stuff seems to be on the wheel. It felt right to drive, I just got in and didn't really notice anything. Only on e was I lacking for power but that was because I was in too high a gear. If you take Eco mode off as well it's a bit more punchy and revy as well.

Don't know how many of the staff were Vauxhall, a lot belonged to Drive a company that puts on stuff like this for all types of manufacturers but they were all really nice. The whole thing was nice and slick and I was very impressed that it was free including all the refreshments.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Just back from Farnborough today, test drove 1.4 Exclusiv although i had already ordered the 1.4SE on the 2nd. No issues with steering or suspension, however Vauxhall "Bloke" said all new cars will have steering set up by the dealer when they arrive as its electronic they just have to plug it in to their computer.

·
Administrator
254 Posts
Excellent - thanks both for the review

That's interesting about the steering setup, I'm still waiting to here from Vauxhall but if that's all that is required then nothing to worry about.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts