Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
--- is this the final straw for the Vauxhall brand due to buyers going elsewhere -- was told today at dealers (Vauxhall) that the MG's were a lot cheaper and a bigger turnover was expected than the currant humdrum Vauxhall offerings -- not much mileage left in the Vauxhall brand (sorry PSA Vauxhall's) but the good news is that I am the owner of a museum piece namely a 1.4 Mokka, happy days.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Can't imagine selling fake MG's will add much to selling fake Vauxhall's, maybe fish and chips with a free car will do it for Em?

·
Super Moderator
9,373 Posts
Was that their explanation or did PSA give them the elbow? :unsure:

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
🇬🇧 They are multi franchise with Vauxhall, Mazda, Kia and now MG and are looking for volume sales with the MG brand which is the MG sales tactic -- sell cars cheaper and get bigger turnover which is what MG do -- the Vauxhall dealer showroom today was very sparse with not much going on at all with just one Grandland and a few Astra variants on show -- my dealer is a nation wide outfit and it appears Vauxhall could well be on the decline but they are not going to shout it from the rooftops -- those of us who make regular trips to the dealer must have noticed a change in the whole Vauxhall scene which in my opinion is nose diving into oblivion 🇬🇧

·
Registered
135 Posts
Local in this area was Charles Warner Vauxhall, who quit Vauxhall 3/4 years ago to sell MG's. Can't say I have seen an increase in MG's in the area but still shed loads of VX's vehicles around including the Mokka family.

·
Super Moderator
9,373 Posts

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The point is that they are no longer "Vauxhall" just a reshelled pug with a Vauxhall badge so in the real world Vauxhall is just a brand name and nothing else 🇬🇧 😀

·
Super Moderator
9,373 Posts
As opposed to years of being an Opel with a Vauxhall badge.

Reactions: Cyb

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
As opposed to years of being an Opel with a Vauxhall badge.
Vauxhall and Opel cars have been made by GM for over 90 years, so that status quo has been all any of us have known, PSA putting griffins on pugs, is just their attempt to get those who wouldn't buy a pug, to open their wallets, and thankfully not many are falling for it.,

·
Super Moderator
9,373 Posts
Did you read my link at post 7? "So much so that Vauxhall was back in profit by July 2018, for the first time in 19 years and just six months after being bought by the French firm."
But I suppose the three musketeers (possibly 4) will stand by their belief. ;)

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah exciting isn't it, at least we are being honest and not looking at PSA through rose coloured glass's -- but if folks want to buy a non Vauxhall Vauxhall so be it -- will all the present genuine Vauxhall owners buy a fake replacement nah they won't --- at least this had brought banter back 🇬🇧🇬🇧😀

·
Registered
758 Posts
Exciting ????, it's bloody boring. i'm sure people are as sick of it on here
as you are sick about PSA buying Vauxhall.

·
Super Moderator
9,373 Posts
Exciting ????, it's bloody boring. i'm sure people are as sick of it on here
as you are sick about PSA buying Vauxhall.

Totally agree, a few people on here will never buy another Vauxhall, we get it, but they keep banging on and on about it. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
135 Posts
Personally I'm not bother about the PSA/VX relationship other than if they close down everything in the UK to move over to France. As PSA is part owned by the French Gov I think they will.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
It's quite funny that the main defender/lover of PSA Vauxhalls swapped to Hyundai at trade in time, and his deputy is is back in a GM Vauxhall. :D;)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts