Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hadn't realised that this membership is not automatically transferred from one Vauxhall to another. So,when I traded in my 2014 Mokka for a new 2018 Mokka I thought I was still a member. Nope.
You have to apply again.(this is quite a simple process). Therefore,if a person owns 3 Vauxhall vehicles they need 3 memberships. At least this I how I understood the situation with their helpline. The membership is unique to the vehicle not the owner.

·
Registered
797 Posts
I thought PSA had scrapped it ??

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I phoned the Vauxhall Service Club on Thursday and registered my current vehicle. This enabled me to get 25% discount on 2nd service.

·
Registered
797 Posts
I find that strange, i'm Sure @BroLeo said some months ago it had been
scrapped, unless i'm mistaken
Talking of BroLeo, he has gone very quiet, must be PSA'ed off

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
He said he was changing to a non franchise as his main dealer was not giving service club discounts anymore, there is definitely a shortage of PSA hate at the moment!

·
Super Moderator
9,523 Posts
Known as banter, I'm assured. :unsure:

·
Registered
797 Posts
He said he was changing to a non franchise as his main dealer was not giving service club discounts anymore, there is definitely a shortage of PSA hate at the moment!
I couldn't exactly remember what he was ranting about, thanks for clarifying, i haven't needed it
on my last few cars, having changed them, just before the second service, see how this one goes
in the meantime

·
Super Moderator
9,523 Posts
MokkTheWeek,

Thank you for bringing the off topic posts to my attention. On review I believe it to have started at post 9 and I will shortly attempt to merge them into an appropriate PSA Thread.
I trust this will meet with your approval, if not you can always IM me through the Conversation Facility.

The off topic posts have now been merged here commencing at #76.. Click Here

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We seem to have a variety of topics on this thread to put it midly. My original post was to to emphasise that the Service Club is still going and worth a phone call to register your vehicle. Takes 10 mins. They used to issue cards-not anymore.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
It's probably worth checking that at least one local dealer is participating before bothering to register, I noticed my nearest one is no longer offering service club discounts.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
My dealer used to charge £27 for a M.O.T with service club -- now gone up to £49 due to no discount anymore -- independants for me all the way and my local garage doesn't charge for diagnostic plug in -- my motor had its last service done locally and they even cleaned the oil filter housing which is something the main dealer never did in the three years I had it serviced with them -- the rot set in with my dealer when they disconnected my dash cam before taking car into workshop and never plugged the cam feed wire back in again when it came out of the workshop and it was only when I was driving home that I noticed the wire hanging down, customer service became a joke with promised call backs that never happened -- I am still waiting for the principal to call me after he said he would, what a terrible outfit they are and maybe it now PSA policy to upset customers with poor service and poor false Vauxhall offerings

·
Registered
797 Posts
I suppose it depends on where you go, my other half took her Viva in for a service last week
to Wilson & Co at Bolton, [big Vauxhall dealer], they took a Video of the inspection of everything under the car and sent it to her phone, they did a diagnostic plug in and also checked if it needed any updates they rang her, to update her, how it was going, and how long it would be, the service was discounted, and so was the Mot, they unplugged her camera, and plugged it in again, full wash and Valet as well, Brilliant,,
I think it boils down to the big boys, there and how they want the dealership, to run,
showing they care enough about the customer and getting the tech's with the right
attitude to do the job right, so the customer will be happy enough to return
Nothing to do with PSA , it's a people thing.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Yes I got my Astra vxr from Wilson's Bolton and they gave me good service also and like you say the big boys upstairs set the standards

1 - 14 of 14 Posts