Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I seem to have a problem with my USB port of my 2017 Vauxhall Mokka X. I have bought a Kingston 64Gb and a Sandisk pendrive of 32 Gb and when I tried to insert them in the car to play, none of them opened up the files or played the music on the drives. Both pendrives do open up on my computer but not on the Mokka. When I plug in my phone so I can see the maps on the projection of the screen, they would not show and now I am getting fed up. I am really getting frustrated about such a thing and I thought of changing the USB module to see how it goes. Did anyone of you tried changing the module?

·
Super Moderator
10,101 Posts

·
Banned
1,728 Posts
Does the USB port work at all, can you pair your phone, have you installed android auto and does that connect ok?

·
Registered
830 Posts
What are the usb sticks formatted at .ie fat 32,
Will the USB port charge the phone

·
Registered
2017 MOKKA X ELITE NAV 1.6 CDTI (136ps) AUTOMATIC
4 Posts
Have you tried this solution? USB not reading
when your radio is on select media player with your memory stick inserted in usb port and you will find it recognises the memory stick, my 2017 mokka x does but does not recognise it in projection or any where else as i experienced safe problems. good luck.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Does the USB port work at all, can you pair your phone, have you installed android auto and does that connect ok?
Yes, I have charged my phone on the USB port and chose the android on the car. It seems that the port is very sensitive to the type of pendrive you insert in it, the amount of files on the pendrive as well.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
when your radio is on select media player with your memory stick inserted in usb port and you will find it recognises the memory stick, my 2017 mokka x does but does not recognise it in projection or any where else as i experienced safe problems. good luck.
Sometimes it does recognise the pendrive and sometimes it does not. Sometimes it plays flawlessly and other times it stops and after some time it continues playing. In projection mode, my Mokka does not recognise the phone for example google maps, but when connected by bluetooth, it automatically plays songs from my mobile phone. I am terribly confused. The only thing that I should do now is to remove the existing USB connection and fit another one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts