Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Fellow Mokka-less Peeps.

Just thought I'd give you an update to my extremely long delivery date that was stopping me using the Forum.

Well, I keep looking at your comments and am feeling a bit left out, so I thought I'd share this weeks experience with you all.

To bring you up to speed, I ordered my Exclusive on the Big Offer weekend on 17th November and was told to expect a February delivery date. within a week this became Feb/March and 10 days ago I had a call to confirm April 21st.

I decided to visit the Showroom this week and see what they had to say about this 8 week move to the right, to be told that my date was now 29th April.

I spoke to the Manager and told him I had 3 issues to discuss.
1, My MOT on the part-ex car expires mid March.
2, I specifically said that my missus and myself didn't want a '13' plate.
3, We have booked a holiday in France in May and didn't want to use the Corsa for the 5 of us, with a Roof Box and 3 bikes on the rack.

Instantly, he said that this was unexceptable and said that he'd heard me mention issue with the '13' plate. He offered methe following:-
1, They will MOT my part-ex car and if it coasts over an agreed amount then they will give me a demonstrator until the Mokka arrives.
2, They will give me a cheque for £250 towards a private reg plate
3, He promised to either lend me his car or supply a bigger car than my Corsa to use on our holiday.

Now I didn't even have to haggle or discuss options as he made these offers straight away. He then backed it up with a confirmation email later that day.

That is what I call 1st class service.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Wow that really is a brilliant service. I ordered the same weekend and my dealer keeps saying I will get my car inFeb!!Dont know whether to believe this or not cos i also have a car out of MOT in march think I will have to contact them again and see what they have to say.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They did initially say it was down to the Flex-fit bike rack option but the big cheese said he thought it was bo11ox and I agree as its a space that will take a fitted option that could be fitted in no time that would impact on a slip of 2 months.

Good luck with your chat !!!

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well Blum, very impressed with the option differences, as I assumed (as in Made an Ass-Out-of-me!!!) that it would be the same floor plan. To be honest though, for a £500 option, you would design this into the same floor plan and have worked it for a simple production line 'slide in' fitting, wouldn't you??? Yeah you would, as the production costs for such an option would not make it cost effective.DCB, It's Pentagon. It was a nice surprise that I didn't have to even argue my corner as he gave me everything I would have been happy with after a bit of haggling.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I only say as far as im aware its a different shell, as it was on the corsa's (no spare wheel well in effect is the difference with a few different holes here and there) It's probably less steel and press time to make hence it only being a £500 option. But they may be doing straight runs of regular shells if that makes sense as to why your F/Fit one is running late?
I dunno GM do some very strange things, just glad I Don't need to deal with them on a day to day basis anymore (especially if it ever came to saab, turn the weirdness upto 11)

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
MrMayo, as Andy_H said, you ordered the car in August so wouldn't expect any delays on yours. I had no idea I was getting a new car the week before I ordered mine and had not even been aware of the Mokka.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts