Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I contacted the Sales team at VCS today to firstly complain about my car delivery date being 7.5 months after ordering.

Without telling them that I had already ordered, I asked what the lead time was for a new order.....22 weeks He said.

He then volunteered information that they had to rebuild part of the production line because there were issues with the front suspension ( that might be why there are so many issues with AFL)

Which brings me on to my next point, I mentioned that I heard there were AFL problems and he said that they had been fixed at the factory.

He then went on to say that the diesels had only started being produced in January hence an even longer backlog.

He finally said that the demand had caught them by surprise. There were 3000 orders before the Event Weekend and during that time they received another 2000.

I trust his honesty and at no point did he know that I had an outstanding order.

I then asked to be passed to the Customer Services Team.

Anyway, I have told them 30 weeks is unacceptable and they would work in partnership with dealer to see what they could do as a goodwill gesture.

I shall wait and see.

I hope this is of some use to those who ordered the same time as me (20th November)and have a June delivery date.
Edited by: Ixasio

·
Registered
572 Posts
I'm slightly puzzled. Why do you have a June delivery date?

I ordered 7 December but am being told w/e 3 May and on your footer it say 30 April.

Sorry to be dense if this is explained elsewhere....

What Event Code are you actually at???

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was at Event 25 two Saturdays ago then i got an email last weekend.

Confirmed a build date weekending 5th April. Delivery 14th June

I need to amend my signature that wss the dealers est delivery

·
Registered
572 Posts
Ixasio said:
I was at Event 25 two Saturdays ago then i got an email last weekend.

Confirmed a build date weekending 5th April. Delivery 14th June

I need to amend my signature that wss the dealers est delivery

Further proof of what a shower they all are. I was told today that they are building them in order. How on earth can I order a car three weeks after you and potentially have it built a month BEFORE you?

I know you ordered it then but do you know when they actually placed the order because it just doesn't make any sense.

By the way the build date email is misleading. I think if you check it you'll notice it says week OF 5 April not week ending. You see mine said week of 1 March and that's what I want Vauxhall to confirm - what on earth does that mean? When does that "week" run from and to?

I'm seriously beginning to wonder whether as a group we should start taking our complaints to the Auto Press and kicking up a fuss. Clearly we are all being given the run around and told a pack of lies and I for one am sick to the back teeth of the whole thing.

I'm still smarting at the comment "well dates we provide are only ever, at best estimates".....

So, if I tell them that they will be paid the outstanding balance at .......... but that at best is only an estimate do I think they'd accept that?!

It is appalling!

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im trying to upload the tracker page but getting stuck

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dear Stewart,

Thank you for registering for updates on your Vauxhall order.

We're pleased to let you know your order has been confirmed at our manufacturing plant. This means your car now has a confirmed build week, scheduled for 05 April 2013.

Your car's estimated delivery will take place in the week ending 14 June 2013.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got this last Saturday

·
Registered
572 Posts
Yep - what the
does "confirmed build week scheduled for 5th April" mean?????????

Edited by: AlyG

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
And would agree I think the press should be informed.

I call it a dealer lottery, you never know your luck as to when the dealer put the order in.

Or when Vauxhall told them when they could put the order in. Edited by: Ixasio

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looks like it from that article. Must admit I hate working nights. On the positive side quality might improve. If that was ever a GM issue.

I know what nights do to your body clock.
Edited by: Ixasio

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Trying to stay positive.

·
Registered
572 Posts
I couldn't get the link to work so what did it say? Would be keen to know before the guy from the Executive Team phones me back tomorrow ...

·
Registered
572 Posts
Ah ok thanks DCB I've got that now. It just get worse and worse

·
Registered
163 Posts
dont forget that the quality of the cars coming out of these plants have been highly commended, just check out what www.honestjohn.co.uk says about the chevrolet cars that are made in S.Korea.

i'll still be patient and wait for mine to arrive :)
Edited by: chappo

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Chappo can you link directly to the article in future please so we all don't have to route around the site ourselves.

Thanks,

1 - 20 of 22 Posts