Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From today if you drive diesel vehicles under a Euro 6 (vehicles pre-2015) and petrol cars and vans that do not meet Euro 4 standards (vehicles pre-2006) in the London Congestion Zone the charge will be 11:50 + 12:50 ULEZ Charge = £24.
That appears all Mokka 1.7d will pay the charge and the 1.4t all qualify for exemption.
Whilst I can understand the need for cleaner air this overall charge is going to affect a lot of small companies already struggling.

·
Registered
182 Posts
My 2003 Astra Mk4 GSi (Z20LET) meets the emissions, as does my dads 2004 3.2 v6 Vectra C GSi.

My friends 2013 VW Sharan Bluemotion which he uber's from, doesn't lol

Feel bad for all the people who ran and got a diesel those few years back, when it was said to be more eco-friendly. As it stands, it may not affect many people as those who live out of central London will likely travel in on the tube as I do. But come 2021, they are looking to extend this ULEZ up to the A406 which is a much much further out and encompasses many more cars. In some areas, the A406 is no more than 10 miles from the M25 (which is the London border).

·
Super Moderator
9,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As the North Circular Road is a car park most days, I'm wondering come 25 October 2021 will the ULEZ CHARGE also encourage the CONGESTION CHARGE? :tsurprise:

·
Super Moderator
9,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Monday 18 May will see the return of the dreaded Congestion and Ulez Charge with an added increase. Click here

·
Super Moderator
9,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Now it's £27.50 if your car doesn't conform to Ulez just to drive into the congestion zone 7 days a week from 7am-10pm. That combined with a parking fee and petrol/diesel makes it an expensive journey. :eek:

·
Super Moderator
9,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It doesn't stop there! If you have a job that starts at say 6pm and finishes after midnight you pay twice. :eek:o_O

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Yer joking me, that's crazy, I feel sorry for motorist who are demonised as the bad guy --- perhaps London needs a new mayor who will stop planting money tree's

·
Registered
431 Posts
Does every car no matter what make have to pay .just though if not would it be worth investing in one of those .to save paying the ulez

·
Super Moderator
9,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
From October 25, 2021, to December 24, 2025, only pure electric vehicles will be eligible for the CVD (cleaner vehicle discount ). All other vehicles, regardless of their emissions status, will need to pay the congestion charge, unless they are registered for another discount or have an exemption.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts