·
Super Moderator
9,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
I certainly am.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Selfish, disrespectful, plonkers, then they wonder why the GOV are on about a lock down
in London and other area's, again it won't happen to me syndrome

·
Registered
103 Posts
Maybe they're working on the 'herd immunity' principle. Worked for Sweden.

·
Super Moderator
9,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #45

·
Registered
541 Posts
You have more chance educating a dog to stay safe at least a dog will do what you ask .
Better than a muppet

·
Super Moderator
9,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
If The Secretary of State made new regulations under the emergency procedure, to protect the public being The Health Protection (Corona virus, Business Closure) (England) Regulations 2020 which came into force at 2pm on 21 March 2020 and specifically included nightclubs, how come Preston City Council made a last-minute U-turn on Saturday following fresh external Counsel advice?
I look forward to the outcome. (If any)

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
The article says they are not allowed to dance, so my guess is they're saying its a pub now, Gov needs to close any loopholes!

·
Super Moderator
9,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
I would suggest its pretty naive advice to say a nightclub which has a dance floor becomes a pub because nobody is dancing.:eek:

·
Registered
541 Posts
The government should lay the law down as to what they want people to do not ask or give advice .who runs this country if there is not enough police (who ride around all day ) why not use the army they are not busy

·
Registered
797 Posts
Totally agree

·
Super Moderator
9,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
I didn't give any advice, I made a guess. :rolleyes:

Just to clarify, I was referring to your guesswork and if counsel had used that as the loophole it would be pretty naive advice, sorry for the confusion.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
From an article in the Sun today:

In a statement Switch’s owners said they had always planned to get the club back open but as a bar - rather than a nightclub.
They explained: “It is, and has always been, our intention to reopen and repurpose Switch to deliver a safe and enjoyable experience... even if it's as a bar.”

So its just a bit of re-purposing, that's good isn't it?

·
Super Moderator
9,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
A possible loophole, but will it be challenged?

·
Super Moderator
9,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
41 - 60 of 78 Posts