Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

21 - 40 of 75 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
[QUOTE="wellinever, April 10 2020.
I hate to think of the numbers during/after this Bank Holiday.
Another grim day as coronavirus death toll jumps by 953 to 8,931--the biggest rise yet,
[/QUOTE]

The lock down might have eased but the official death toll as of today is 40,261 and still rising.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Yes it's ruddy frightening isn't it -- the majority of people are following government advice but I see daily people who seem to have no idea what distancing means, the wife has now become paranoid about peeps coming to close to us in supermarkets and guides me out of the offender's way -- we look like a couple of bank robbers when shopping wearing our masks all the time so we've welcomed the official advice regarding the wearing of face coverings -- wish the virus would go away soon:(

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
We have still not left the house, apart from 2 little runs to charge the battery and didn't get out till back on the drive, between sainsbury toolstation amazon and local council prescription deliveries everything's arrived on the doorstep, boring though!

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
We give the mokka a run at least three times a week now your allowed to travel -- don't do a lot maybe around 50 miles a week just to keep thing working

·
Super Moderator
9,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #25

·
Super Moderator
9,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
This social distancing of course. :eek: Click

·
Super Moderator
9,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Council bosses say they are APPALLED and a major incident was declared in Bournemouth today. Click

·
Super Moderator
9,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Wondered how our Northern members are coping with this new lockdown which came in after midnight today.
Areas affected: Greater Manchester (City of Manchester, Trafford, Stockport, Oldham, Bury, Wigan, Bolton, Tameside, Rochdale and Salford), Blackburn with Darwen, Burnley, Hyndburn, Pendle, Rossendale, Bradford, Calderdale and Kirklees.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
The Manchester area has been prominent in the news throughout the restrictions, with an element that refuses to co-operate, I doubt the same group will behave any differently now without police enforcement, it's not fair on the majority in the area that have complied and are having their lives put at risk.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I can not understand why it’s all up north .when all the southerns were on the beach ..rally in London ect .why are they not on lock down surely it must be high in London .are they keeping quiet

·
Super Moderator
9,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Don't worry, what goes around comes around. At the moment we southerners have influence in high places. o_O

·
Registered
103 Posts
Wondered how our Northern members are coping with this new lockdown which came in after midnight today.
Areas affected: Greater Manchester (City of Manchester, Trafford, Stockport, Oldham, Bury, Wigan, Bolton, Tameside, Rochdale and Salford), Blackburn with Darwen, Burnley, Hyndburn, Pendle, Rossendale, Bradford, Calderdale and Kirklees.
Don't know about Northern England but up here in sunny Scotland the police were called out at Portobello Beach nr Ediinburgh. By the looks of things there were almost as many police as there were bathers. Looking at the large bags of alcoholic drinks confiscated, I bet unopened cans and bottles will be recycled through "Police Approved" facilities.

·
Super Moderator
9,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Social distancing yesterday on Southend Beach.

·
Registered
541 Posts
What a load of muppets no reguard .they would be the first to moan if they caught it.
But while people just do what they want it will never go away

·
Super Moderator
9,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
I have taken no part in this as I'm visiting my granny today. ;) Click

21 - 40 of 75 Posts