Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am thinking of replaceing (pre-delivery)the 215 55 r18(non rimprotector strip) with 225 with a rim prote ctor strip. I'm just looking to protect the alloys. Would this make a difference to speedo and power on 1.7d?

·
Registered
208 Posts
it shouldn't but there is enough rubber on them to not have to worry to much, Its not like they are 215/40/18

Edited by: WIBBLA

·
Registered
296 Posts
Not sure about the power but eventhough there would be abit more rubber on the road I very much doubt you would notice anydifference and as for the speedo as long as you still have 18" alloys with a 55 there would be no difference as the circumference would be the same.

Not sure if this would also count as a modification so i would also check with your insurance company!!! No doubt it would though!!

·
Registered
633 Posts
Glassy said:
Not sure about the power but eventhough there would be
abit more rubber on the road I very much doubt you would notice
anydifference and as for the speedo as long as you still have 18"
alloys with a 55 there would be no difference as the circumference would
be the same.

Doesn't quite work like that Glassy 55 is the percentage of 215mm, so 55% of 225 would be greater.

Source
http://www.kouki.co.uk/utilities/visual-tyre-size-calculator
1.59 -1.6 hey ho.

Edited by: Blum

·
Registered
494 Posts
I never knew that about the difference in sizes. This forum teaches you something new every day. With that and what wibbla means I'm gonna have to delete something to fit it all in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts