Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a bit confused about tyre pressures. I thought that the tyre pressure recomended by the manufacturer was to achieve maximum grip and and if the tyres were over or under inflated this could compromise safety. I notice in the handbook you have a choice of pressures, one for comfort and one for ECO. The comfort pressure is 34psi all round and the ECO pressure is 39psi front and 41psi rear. These are for the same load in the car. Wonder what pressure maximum grip is achieved. ??

·
Registered
208 Posts
Set all at 38 lol

·
Registered
767 Posts
Comfort setting sounds like marshmallow tyres & ECO hard as nails. Fuel consumption is usually in proportion to tyre pressure, the higher the pressure the higher the mileage per litre due to less rolling resistance. Grip tends to work the same but a reversal of the result, more pressure equals less grip. Too high a pressure will also prematurely wear out your tyres as thecenter of the tyre takes all the load.I lower my pressure for low speedrunning onsand in the Defender but that is a different beast to the Mokka.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for that Flat Eric. If I understand you correctly it looks like going for the comfort pressure settings gives - Better ride, Better grip and Poorer MPG where as going for the ECO pressure settings gives - Poorer ride, Poorer grip and better MPG. Maybe the 38psi WIBBLE suggests is a reasonable compromise.

·
Registered
767 Posts
It's quite a big pressure difference between the two settings sosomewhere in betweensounds like a plan. I always check my tread for even wear across the tyre when I do my daily/weeklychecks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts