Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, we have a 2015 1.6 cdti se on which the turbo has failed and the warranty company are not accepting claim as report says caused by low oil pressure / oil starvation issue. ( this is the report from Midland Turbo ) where the turbo was sent.
i have the car has been serviced iaw schedules and was last serviced only 1300 miles ago so relatively new oil.
they have come to this conclusion without checking the feed pipe etc.
i have put a boroscope through the feed pipe and seperated it and checked filter both are spotlessly clean.
looking on the internet seems to be a few 2015 models suffered from turbo issues.
is this a known fault ?

·
Super Moderator
9,148 Posts
Some members have had this misfortune. Click

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Unfortunately many third party warranty companies T&C's are so tightly written they will find a way out of pretty well any major claim, have you owned the car for more than six months?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unfortunately many third party warranty companies T&C's are so tightly written they will find a way out of pretty well any major claim, have you owned the car for more than six months?
hi, yes we have had it since november 2018 and done 6000 miles in it

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Tell me about it -- have gone through this with a previous car -- warranty not worth paper it's written on but will gladly push it when selling

·
Registered
433 Posts
If you can not get it done under warranty.why not get it refurbished it’s cheap than anew one and you still get a warranty with it .brother has had his done on various cars he has had

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
A lot of turbo problems are caused by driving off straight away on a stone cold engine -- and don't forget the warm up proceedure before driving off and the cooling down proceedure before switching the engine off after a run

·
Super Moderator
9,148 Posts
Some useful advice. Click

·
Super Moderator
9,148 Posts
Busy days and no time to dilly/dally.:rolleyes:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts