Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Beginning to think perrys Huddersfield are starting to tell tales. The car I ordered has apparently been at port since 7 feb. all blame for no show at there end is down to the carrier. I was told on 7 feb I would have the car in 5-7 days. Phone calls twice weekly and we are expecting it any day is the standard response.

Last week I contact them again to be told the carrier tells them there is a two to three week delay which would take me to expect a delivery early this week.

Contact them again to be told the carrier has said 24th march. But the salesmen then tells me that two carriers expected this week and may be in one of them. Now........

Surely such a big logistic company surely has a plan and schedule of delivery so the showroom can then plan for pdi etc

Am I being fobbed off until another ship arrives

I ordered a stock car as I couldn't wait for a new build.

Is there a chain of command to make complaints to as this situation of pay your deposit and wait until we are ready is appalling

·
Registered
572 Posts
Hi Tweev

I think I've said before that I have been hugely sceptical of events concerning you car. I mentioned your case to my dealer yesterday as evidence of the runaround we're all being given and she said she was aware of a short delay a little while back at Portbury but as far as she was concerned deliveries were being made ok.

However she did say that 4 vehicles had turned up at their dealership having come straight from the port and háving bypassed their logistics so who knows?!

Can you demand to see some paperwork on the car proving it is actually in the UK

So far my experience has proved again that he who shouts loudest gets sorted and answers!

Keep us posted.

·
Registered
61 Posts
The transport company vauxhall use has gone into administration hence big backlogs in moving the cars to the dealers. Unfortunately vauxhall are giving the dealers no info at all about when and where the cars will be delivered to them. You're not being fobbed off its just there is no info being given by vauxhall as usual

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's re assuring that there may be a genuine transport issue but the dealer is then not been honest in the reasons why

·
Registered
61 Posts
Our dealers told us about this warning there might be a delay. Vauxhall are using Eddie Stobart to shift them now but there is a backlog to clear. The good news is that it is absolutely worth the wait,

·
Registered
572 Posts
Chopperj said:
The transport company vauxhall use has gone into administration hence big backlogs in moving the cars to the dealers. Unfortunately vauxhall are giving the dealers no info at all about when and where the cars will be delivered to them. You're not being fobbed off its just there is no info being given by vauxhall as usual
Which transport company is it that's gone into administration?

I've not spotted anything about that in the press and the Dealer I am using certainly knew nothing about it....

·
Registered
185 Posts
Stobarts bought a company called Autologic earlier this year. Stobarts then sold the car moving business to another company called Paragon. No-one's gone into administration.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Sorry Chokamokka but you're not quite right. I don't know the company name but that is true. Vauxhall are finding alternative companies to move the cars. Easier said than done. My dealer ended up sending their own transporter to pick up cars to help. I have a complaint in with vauxhall H O regarding this already. The lack of info from the transport companies is due to lack of staff due to redundancies. To clarify Stobart haven't bought the company in administration they are merely moving some of the cars for Vauxhall.

·
Registered
167 Posts
http://www.insidermedia.com/insider/north-west/85146-

Paragon Automotive buys Stobart Vehicle Services

Paragon Automotive has acquired Stobart Vehicle Services from a subsidiary of Warrington-based Stobart Group.
The division was part of the Autologic business bought by Stobart last year for £12.4m. It has now been renamed Paragon Vehicle Services.

The rebranded division will provide support for automotive manufacturers and retailers, offering a range of vehicle management services, including new car preparation, customisation, end-of-line enhancement and the running of port operations.

As part of the deal, Paragon will operate eight new bases in total, with sites at Corby, Bristol, Doncaster and the North East and five manufacturer locations, welcoming 500 new staff.

The division will be run by chief executive Stephen Hucklesby who will oversee its integration over the course of the next year.
Hucklesby said: "This acquisition marks a major milestone for Paragon and consolidates our position as the UK's market leader in vehicle processing and fleet management.

"Renamed as Paragon Vehicle Services, it is an excellent fit with Paragon and underlines our group strategy to expand into complementary service offerings by taking us into new areas of vehicle processing and giving us a focus on port and new vehicle processing excluding transport.
"Coupled with this, we will be expanding our geographical network, giving us an important presence in the North East and South West."
Edited by: MrMayo

·
Registered
185 Posts
Vauxhall are doing the right thing (shock).

Stobart/Paragon have let Vauxhall down by not being able to make the deliveries they're contracted to do. So Vauxhall are hiring in their own temporary transporter fleet to try to make a dent in the backlog. Good on you Vauxhall (we don't hear that on the forum much do we!?!)

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't really doubt there is an issue, the main grump is the lack of clear honest information stating what the problem is, rather than simply "there is a delay"

·
Registered
61 Posts
I did try telling you this already. Our dealer was already doing this as it was the only reason we got ours on time. Hope everyone else can get theirs ASAP. As I said its worth the wait.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just called VCS who say there is a delay however couldn't go into why. However they said dealers are aware that they can make their own arrangements to pick cars up from port. They are contacting my dealers to remind them that this is an option rather than waiting for carrier

·
Registered
584 Posts
its a shame that the issue has taken so long to sort out, it seems like ages since rumours were first about

·
Registered
817 Posts
I hope everyone remembers that there is a £500+ charge for delivery. Might be an idea
To remind the dealers and VCS this.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ixasio said:
I hope everyone remembers that there is a £500+ charge for delivery. Might be an idea
To remind the dealers and VCS this.

Good point well presented

·
Registered
506 Posts
Mmmm - I note that the delivery charge for the sister vehicle, the Chevrolet Trax is only £120.00. Same factory, same shipping distance. Also the "Snowflake White" paint is nearly half the price Vauxhall are charging

It seems fairly obvious that the charges bear no relationship to actual cost, but rather a ploy to reduce the headline cost of the vehicle. I'm not impressed!

·
Registered
41 Posts
theforestdweller said:
Mmmm - I note that the delivery charge for the sister vehicle, the Chevrolet Trax is only £120.00. Same factory, same shipping distance. Also the "Snowflake White" paint is nearly half the price Vauxhall are charging

It seems fairly obvious that the charges bear no relationship to actual cost, but rather a ploy to reduce the headline cost of the vehicle. I'm not impressed!
But no 100,000 mile warranty. Having had a Korean built car for 8 years with a 5 year warranty, I think it will be worth the extra.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Now I know each dealer can arrange individual pick up from the port. I have been informed my car will be at dealers on 25th march 7 weeks after being told 5-7 days. Still hoping for it sooner after pointing out the individual pick up rather than logistics delivery. Expecting another call tomorrow. To top it off I get a letter from the dealership manager hoping I am liking my new car!! What car!! I wish I didn't like the mokka as much as I do otherwise I would be walking away!

Can't wait to see my mokka really hoping that they pull a rabbit out if the hat, after my own investigations and knowledge of the situation

1 - 20 of 21 Posts