Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope I won't get into trouble for posting this as there do now seem to be multiple threads within the May delivery one and I am just curious to know who my little Mokka might be on the boat with from here. My tracker and VCS are estimating the delivery date as week of 24 May so who of you are then too and might also be on this boat? It's due in at Singapore on Wednesday - its second stop of the journey so far.....

Come on boat hurry up !!!!

Edited by: AlyG

·
Registered
240 Posts
AlyG - you'll go crazy if you continually log into marinetraffic.com to track the voyage of your ship......the map of the world is a big place when you're watching a dot on it! It only seems to move more quickly after it leaves Voltri (Italy) which I believe is its last port of call before Bristol.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hahahahahaha. At first it was therapeutic now it's insane lol. It hasn't moved in 2 days as 'out of range'.

I am thinking of swimming out to meet the boat lol

·
Registered
240 Posts
Lets hope they mean out of range of the Koreans!!

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah that's all we need lol. 'Dear ...... We regret to inform you that due to a recent missile strike the boat carrying your Mokka was hit and sank. We are making arrangements to have it rebuilt but are currently experiencing some degree of difficulty in contacting the South Korean factory .... No make that 'nation'. We apologise for this delay and assure you we are working on a solution ... Oh ok MI5 and the CIA are working on a solution'

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm hoping my mokka is keeping yours company AlyG

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
tuj2110 said:
I'm hoping my mokka is keeping yours company AlyG
Yayyyy ;-)

What have you gone for????

·
Registered
584 Posts
AlyG

With all the cameras on the Mokka surely someone saw the missile coming!

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Possibly but little help AFTER the fact!!!!!!!

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's great news...if only my car was on it.

Justin now saying its on the Queen Ace but who at Vauxhall actually knows anything ?!

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Who else is waiting for this boat???

It's just in port today in the South of Italy so currently on track to make Portbury next Monday

I finally had confirmation my car was definitely on this boat which is good as the Queen Ace is still near Kuwait

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm sure i'm waiting on the Cypress Trail too Aly but as per normal VCS won't actually confirm what boat my car is on so I'm hazarding a guess really (bearing in mind they assured me my car would be at my dealers this time next week!

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
tuj2110 said:
I'm sure i'm waiting on the Cypress Trail too Aly but as per normal VCS won't actually confirm what boat my car is on so I'm hazarding a guess really (bearing in mind they assured me my car would be at my dealers this time next week!
Oh let's hope so then. Have you tried asking the dealer to phone their contacts at Marketing Services??? No reason why you shouldn't know. Looks like not many are on this boat then from the Forum....

·
Registered
29 Posts
AlyG said:
tuj2110 said:
Oh let's hope so then. Have you tried asking the dealer to phone their contacts at Marketing Services??? No reason why you shouldn't know. Looks like not many are on this boat then from the Forum....
My dealer is as much use as a chocolate teapot! I asked them if they could tell me what stage 2 on the tracker actually meant & he couldn't tell me, he maintained that he has no more information that what I get. They have been awful from start to up to now (can't say finish as I'm not quite there yet lol) & tbh I won't be going back there again to buy a car even though we've bought half a dozen cars from them in the last 10 years. Mind you VCS are just as bad as they couldn't tell me either yet a few on here have been told so it's all a bit naff if you ask me.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I can't believe it. Cypress Trail now showing up at Bristol on the 8 May two days late

Are they just doing this to drive me mad?!

I want the car on 21 May and every day delayed makes that harder to sort.

Even at the last hurdle this car is mocking me

·
Registered
335 Posts
AlyG said:
I can't believe it. Cypress Trail now showing up at Bristol on the 8 May two days late

Are they just doing this to drive me mad?!

I want the car on 21 May and every day delayed makes that harder to sort.

Even at the last hurdle this car is mocking me
Fingers crossed your'll get it in time !! Popped into my dealer today who said that ours is due at Portbury on Sunday 19th and if all good might get it the Friday / Saturday of that week ... We're going away thd 25th and would love to take the car ... It's such a wait and see game but hopefully your'll have a quick turnaround at Portbury !!

I had to laugh though within half hour of leaving the dealers and him showing me in the computer that it left Korea on the 15th .. VCS phoned to say it wasn't even on a boat ... I know more then them !!

Chin up .. You'll be laughing when your've got it !!

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
For various reasons I have not been around much of late but just stopped by to leave some biscuits and let you know I've vacated my recliner (don't all rush at once!!!) as I picked up my Mokka yesterday. I absolutely love it. Didn't have a chance to test drive an auto before ordering so was all anxious this week worrying I'd made the right decision but I have. It's fab and having had sport suspension and low profile tyres in the last 2 cars this is a very different ride. Well impressed with the quietness of the Diesel engine and no problem with road noise either.

Sat Nav has more functionality than I thought it would and pairing the phone and connecting it for music was hassle free. Had a 2 hour handover so was taken through most things which really helped. Rear camera is fantastic and so far cannot fault the car so for all you still waiting it will be worth it.

It only had 5 miles on the clock on collection which was brill and the checklist on this forum was very useful.

I really enjoyed tracking the boat all the way to Portbury and getting the final tick a few days later was awesome.

Cannot believe I have it now after placing the order in December. Well chuffed

·
Registered
344 Posts
Ahh excellent news Aly!
Think how stress free and richer you are going to be not worrying where your car is or having to stock up that biccie tin!
health to enjoy !

·
Registered
335 Posts
AlyG said:
For various reasons I have not been around much of late but just stopped by to leave some biscuits and let you know I've vacated my recliner (don't all rush at once!!!) as I picked up my Mokka yesterday. I absolutely love it. Didn't have a chance to test drive an auto before ordering so was all anxious this week worrying I'd made the right decision but I have. It's fab and having had sport suspension and low profile tyres in the last 2 cars this is a very different ride. Well impressed with the quietness of the Diesel engine and no problem with road noise either.

Sat Nav has more functionality than I thought it would and pairing the phone and connecting it for music was hassle free. Had a 2 hour handover so was taken through most things which really helped. Rear camera is fantastic and so far cannot fault the car so for all you still waiting it will be worth it.

It only had 5 miles on the clock on collection which was brill and the checklist on this forum was very useful.

I really enjoyed tracking the boat all the way to Portbury and getting the final tick a few days later was awesome.

Cannot believe I have it now after placing the order in December. Well chuffed

so pleased for you and enjoy it!!

How soon after docking did you get you 3rd tick ...
Edited by: Kat34

1 - 20 of 29 Posts