Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 20 of 673 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You won't see anything on the customer tracking website until your car is at Step 33 (internal Vauxhall steps). This is when GM Korea allocate a production slot for your build. Ask your dealer what step you are at on their process.

"Not a lot of people know this"
There is a site that shows you where in the delivery process your Mokka is at
http://www.trackmyvauxhall.co.uk/

Now shows mine as
" Step 1 - your car has a confirmed build slot
Your car was confirmed a build slot on 20 Sep 2012"
She lives!

Ask your dealer for tracking number.

Edited by: Dan

·
Registered
339 Posts
Nice one!
Paid my Vauxhall dealer a visit today and asked for my tracking order number; he was more than happy to oblige and even checked the system while I was there. Still on track for dealiery 4th Jan (fingers crossed).

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its got to be to the dealers advantage, stops all those "wheres my car phone calls".

·
Registered
11 Posts
Couldn't agree more Blum. We helped Vauxhalldesign and pilot thissystem over the past 18 months and found our customers loved it!

·
Registered
339 Posts
When I paid my dealer a visit asking for a tracker number, he also added me to emailing list; now I get emails sent directly with up to date information on the current status of my order.
So far so good then Vauxhall.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Kirby
When you log on to
"Track My Vauxhall"
it offers you the chance to add or change your e mail address for E mail alerts.
All clever stuff huh?
See my screen dump above.

·
Registered
217 Posts
i ordered my mokka in july and i got my tracking number off my dealer today.
how unhappy am i.
it says your car was confirmed a build date of 11th oct for deliivery on 4th january. why 11th oct when i signed contract in july.

im seriously thinking of cancelling now. thats just a bit ridiculous. going to read fine print on contract. i only put £100 down initially.
waiting for dealer to ring me to discuss.

·
Registered
11 Posts
wingy999 - Retailers have been aware of the leadtimes since the order books opened - so not sure why yours didn't advise. The cars are built in Korea and, as an example, an order taken today will be built week 47 arrive at retailer early February 2013.

·
Administrator
254 Posts
I think order books opened in July but production has only just started...

Did they give you an indication of a delivery date when you ordered?

·
Registered
217 Posts
well i originally was told end of november, then start of december and now early jan.
i dont have a car of my own so i need to sort something sooner rather than later.

·
Administrator
254 Posts
Have a word and see if they can loan you a car until it arrives? Especially if you were promised November

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Epsilon would be the one to ask when they are being built, he is at a dealer.
Ordered 6th Sept, guesstimate was end of November, been stuck at end of Dec now for over a month with
" Step 1 - your car has a confirmed build slot
Your car was confirmed a build slot on 20 Sep 2012"
But when that slot is is anybody's guess.
Ho hum, 'All thing come to those that wait' or something like that.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Providing that your retailer has not advised you of any delays, your vehicle should be in production as we speak. There is a 10 week term between the allocated build week when your vehicle has its slot, and delivery to retailer. If your car is due early January say week 1, then it should have a build weekaround week 42 (this week)allowing for the Christmas break.
As a footnote to another thread on the forum, Vauxhall yesterday announcedthat many of the ABI Group Ratings for Mokka have
been reduced by 1 Group.

·
Registered
217 Posts
i spoke to my dealer and he has informed me that vauxhall are building petrols first then diesels.
if you have added specific options then that would probably put you down the pecking order a bit.
he is in fairness trying to sort me a car out to loan for 4-5 weeks.

i was in the car industry for a few years and i always thought that as each car came down the production line, workers added what extras the car is intended for. therefore the production line does not alter in terms of production speed. not sure how having certain options has incurred a delay, if that is the case.

i dont mind waiting but im desperate for a car for the winter months as im driving a knacker at the moment. i have enquired about cancelling my order but ill wait and see what the dealer can do to help.

·
Administrator
254 Posts
The only thing I can think is certain options are being manufactured else-where and are either in short supply or have not been finished yet.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Track My Vauxhall has now added a week to my expected delivery date, now January 4th, perhaps they have just decided to have Christmas off.
No E mail received.
Edited by: Blum

·
Registered
217 Posts
Same here. mine now has moved to jan 11th after having an email from vauxhall saying it will be built next week. im really cheesed off. no doubt it can move further and further away. im saving money while its waiting to be delivered but i need a safe car for winter and my vauxhall dealer after promising to ring and sort me something out has failed to do so.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Ordered the SE 4x4 1.7 CDTi yesterday and have been told that delivery will be march 2013. Having said that, I was told that because the Admin team weren't in till mondayI wont have a tracking number till the order is completed then. think they have expected a lot of sales over this weekend. So far I had seen 2 purchases go through by midday on 17/11/2012 and mine was one of them.
March suits me fine as I can then add the personalised number plate straight on if they have a copy of my certificate by February. As it will be a 13 reg plate. They said they will register it straight to my plate without any other pre registration. which should save me a few pennies.

1 - 20 of 673 Posts