Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondered if any of you guys with Mokkas have the tyre pressure monitoring system. It's not listed as an option but appears in the owners manual. Edited by: Big Mac

·
Registered
313 Posts
I was wondering that myself, seems more like the older tyre deflation monitoring than actual pressures (that you can look n see your pressures ala antara etc)

·
Registered
169 Posts
As far as I am aware it is fitted to all models (It is an Eu requirement on all cars from 2012) and is of the type that monitors rather than displays the pressures.

BTW heading should read TPMS

·
Registered
147 Posts
I've been doing some reading and came across this extract from EU legislation.

"As of 1st November 2012, all new-type vehicles will be required by EU law to have a pressure based tyre pressure monitoring system installed. This applies to the road wheels, not the spare

By 1st November 2014, all new passenger vehicles sold will have to have TPMS installed by the manufacturer

The law is not currently retrospective, and does not apply to older vehicles

This law applies to passenger vehicles only, with no more than 7 seats

TPMS is now part of the annual vehicle test, and applies to all newly registered cars from January 1st 2012. This means that a car with a faulty TPMS will fail the vehicle test from January 2015

Until 2015, a faulty TPMS will only be an advisory and be listed on the testing certificate (UK). Different European countries may interpret the EU legislation differently. So please refer to your own European country legislation"

So do the Mokkas that everyone is collecting now have TPMS actually fitted as per Nov 12 requirement or are they capable of working with TPMS ready for Nov 14 requirement?

Can anyone with a Mokka shed any light on this?

·
Registered
506 Posts
I think the important date will be the one when the Mokka was homologated. This will have been well before 1st November 2012 and therefore all Mokkas now and in the future will be exempt until a completely new model hits the market. Just think of all the "new" cars on the road that don't have DRLs.

·
Registered
147 Posts
theforestdweller said:
I think the important date will be the one when the Mokka was homologated. This will have been well before 1st November 2012 and therefore all Mokkas now and in the future will be exempt until a completely new model hits the market. Just think of all the "new" cars on the road that don't have DRLs.
The other important date is Nov 2014, when all new cars sold will have to have TPMS. That, and the section in the manual on TPMS, makes me believe the Mokka is capable of operating with TPMS, they may just be leaving out the sensors to reduce costs until they have to fit them.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Yeadontt said:
theforestdweller said:
The other important date is Nov 2014, when all new cars sold will have to have TPMS. That, and the section in the manual on TPMS, makes me believe the Mokka is capable of operating with TPMS, they may just be leaving out the sensors to reduce costs until they have to fit them.
Just like a spare wheel then

·
Registered
129 Posts
As I am aware the yellow tyre low pressure will come up when it needs pumping up and flashes is there is a big leap of pressure under recommended limit (flat) its just a light, and to my knowledge it don't say which tyre and it don't say the pressure of each tyre either.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looks like the Mokka in the Uk does not have tyre pressure monitoring. Not even an option.

Can't understand why it's not available on a brand new car. Astra has it as a £100 option and appears as standard on the Chevrolet Trax

·
Registered
39 Posts
I asked Vauxhall customer support via twitter about TPMS, and they tell me as mine is a recent order my Mokka will have TPMS.

·
Registered
17 Posts
it is stated on the website now

http://www.vauxhall.co.uk/vehicles/vauxhall-range/cars/mokka/configurator.html#options

under the navi 950 option and its marked so looks like stranded fitting

·
Registered
39 Posts
Do people think we will get TPMS on orders that haven't been built yet or will we still get the old spec?

·
Registered
17 Posts
i would say so yes my car has not been built yet and i am expecting it to be on as stated on there website it is there

http://www.vauxhall.co.uk/vehicles/vauxhall-range/cars/mokka/configurator.html#options

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'm hoping so too my build date starts on the 18th of July.Only other main difference I can see is no chrome handles

·
Registered
17 Posts
if you go to configure my vauxhall select car and under options and safety & security its the 7th option down and it already got a mark in the box so to me that is stranded fitting

1 - 20 of 44 Posts