Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From memory the owners manual we had a copy of did not have accurate towing weights in it?
On that note anyone know the max towing weight for a braked trailer on a 1.7 manual 4x4?

Seems our tow car may be disapeering (long story) so it'll be on the mokka to move the caravan when it goes (probably).

Sorry if this has been covered, head really is not with it.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ahhh I see thats still trailers without weights then :\
Cheers for the info though, should work out ok..... Sounds like the old mans buying mum out of the antara anyway.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Yes. Towed very well. Admittedly caravan only 12ft long but performance and economy from the diesel was still good when towing

·
Registered
20 Posts
Does anyone know for certain what the towing weights actually are? Have they changed since the Mokka was launched?

In the old price list (shown above in Blum's post) the braked trailer weight limits are between 1,360kg and 1,470kg, which are reasonable figures for a vehicle the size of the Mokka. However theMay price list shows a limit of just 1,200kg for all models. Is this right?

The May list also states 500kg for an unbraked trailer, which seems a bit low. I would have thought that a figure closer to the 750kg legal limit should be fine for the Mokka.

The January list is showing what is probably the vehicle kerb weights in the first column, rather than the gross weight that the column is headed. The May list shows what I assume are the correct gross weights.

Anyone towing anything that gets towards the maximum limits should check the VIN plate on the vehicle. Not yet having the Mokka means I cannot check yet!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hi there, I saw that figure off jut under 1500kg for the 1.7 4wd, but there is an asteris against it, which indicates a provisional towing wt. figure, like you I have now read of only a 1200kg figure, this surely cant be right, my old Picasso could tow 1300kg!! I'm dissapointed if this figure is correct, I bought it to tow a horse box plus horse!

·
Registered
713 Posts
Not sure why it is this low. As stated previous price lists showed a towing figure of 1470kg the one at the time I ordered in November. Car arrived end of April and V5 shows the 1200kg limit. At moment not an issue as I have a small lightweight caravan but limits my options if I want to get something bigger Edited by: Big Mac

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi,Regards towing weights,check your v5(log book).it states my 1.6 petrol will pull 1200kgs max.Surely Vauxhall must have provided accurate information to dvla.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have not towed yet with my 1.7 diesel Techline which turns out 130 power thingies. My last car, 1.7 diesel Astra turning out 110 thingies towed my caravan like a dream so I am trusting that the Mokka will as well. Incidentally, A1 fitted my towbar to the Mokka, detachable and completely hidden as is the electrics which swing down when required.

·
Registered
4 Posts
has any body got any feedback on towing a caravan as i was thinking of getting a sprite alpine which has a Max Load Weight 1171 kg
Edited by: Davee

·
Super Moderator
3,431 Posts
Hi Davee, and welcome to the forum. I'm sure that there are plenty of members who will be able to give you advice on towing caravans.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Dave

I tow very successfully with my 1.7 diesel Techline. My caravan has a kerb weight of 919kgs with a max loading of 1140. These figures are well within the Mokka weights. It depends on the figure you quote at 1170 - is that a kerb or max loading? I find the gearing in the Mokka rather higher than my diesel Astra that towed like a dream. No problem though, the torque and power of the Mokka is better so a few more gear changes and a little less use of sixth gear. If you are looking for a Towbar, I have used A1 a couple of times - ace service. The bars are detachable. On my Mokka the electrics are hidden when not in use as they swing out of the way. I always opt for the electrics that are Vauxhall proof. Some cheaper versions run the risk of guarantee invalidation and also electrics failure as a cheap fit means Scotchloc snap electrical connections.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi Dave, I have a 1.7 techline, I have a 1200kg caravan , before I bought the car I did ask the caravan club for there opinion they said it will be ok, having said that , I have not yet towed since I bought the car, will find out on my first outing next month

·
Super Moderator
9,710 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
We too have looked into this and our van is also light weight so not a problem but we didnt take it out last year so I have yet to tow with the Mokka. The victor vectra towed like a dream.We have been thinking about upgrading the caravan but this would be about a 1500kg so OH will have to change his car instead.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts