Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hopefully it will never happen, BUT .If you break down and have to be towed and you have AWD, reading the manual, you can damage the AWD if you are towed incorrectly.
Is it me or does the manual page 180 and 181 on towing AWD say one thing and show another, and is it the pictures on page 181 that are wrong.

·
Registered
197 Posts
The top pictures on 181 are all showing as the way they suggest and the lowest is incorrect so a reason why i think the top pic on 182 is correct.

I would have thought the top picture on p182would be the correct method as it has the towing dolly under the rear wheels so they should be fixed to the dolly, they would not be rolling.

·
Registered
506 Posts
There must be different versions of the manual. Mine is dated 06/2012 and page 181 shows 2 pictures, both crossed out as incorrect. One has the rear wheels on a dolly with the front on a flatbed, the other has the front on a dolly and the rear on a flatbed. There are no pictured on 182 other than one showing the location of the towing eye

·
Registered
767 Posts
theforestdweller said:
page 181 shows 2 pictures, both crossed out as incorrect. One has the rear wheels on a dolly with the front on a flatbed, the other has the front on a dolly and the rear on a flatbed.

Is it just me but what is the difference in those 2 pictures to having both wheels off the road on a low loader which is ok?

I think they have messed up & there shouldn't be a cross through either picture.

Edited by: Flat Eric

·
Registered
600 Posts
Does appear to be a printing error as both pictures show a dolly being used , with a cross through them . I am using the download version of the good book, which may differ from some of the print versions .

·
Registered
506 Posts
The downloaded version agrees with my (06/2012) printed version which both show the same as the picture extracts above.

·
Registered
767 Posts
theforestdweller said:
The downloaded version agrees with my (06/2012) printed version which both show the same as the picture extracts above.
I'm using June 2013 as well.

Owner's Manual
Model Year 2013
Edition: June 2012

TS 1724-A-13

1 - 7 of 7 Posts