Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Just had a Westfalia towbar fitted, Took a little while to fit as it was his first one he had fitted.
Looks smart, would recomend the towbar, total cost including fitting £270 for a detachable towbar.
Going to dealer now to pick up free roofbars.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Had a problem with the sat nav, dealer gave me a set for our inconvenience

Edited by: rshud

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thanks for posting these pictures. I'm going to get one fitted in the spring time. Not a bad price either.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Looks good. Ive been quoted over £100 more than that for a simple swan neck tow bar! Think I may need to look around?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Where did you get one fitted for that price? Far cheaper than I have been quoted. Has it got 'by pass 'electrics?

·
Registered
315 Posts
I have been waiting for a towbar since I bought my mokka in December, been told there are none available, obviously not true.

Did you have to get a wiring harness for the Canbus system? I have been told I will have to due to the warranty.

Towbar looks lovely, just what I am after.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Many thanks for the info on fitting a towbar. Just had mine fitted by the same guy. Very impressed with the job and the price. Thanks for giving me his number.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi looking round for tow bar for my mokka SE TO BE delivered end of May, I am keen to locate the fitter that fitted yours.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi The fitter is Steve Warrington 07921148986. He does operate around the Lancashire area but give him a ring and he may be able to help. It is an detachable swan neck with just one socket £300 all in. Fantastic job done on the drive in about 1.5 hours. H op this helps you. Not towed yet but hoping to in the next few weeks. (no need to touch the bumper as there is a section that pops out to accommodate the towbar)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for that, Mokka due for delivery end of May, will have Tow Bar fitted after, will let you know how I get on Adelin

·
Registered
25 Posts
trelly said:
Hi The fitter is Steve Warrington 07921148986. He does operate around the Lancashire area but give him a ring and he may be able to help. It is an detachable swan neck with just one socket £300 all in. Fantastic job done on the drive in about 1.5 hours. H op this helps you. Not towed yet but hoping to in the next few weeks. (no need to touch the bumper as there is a section that pops out to accommodate the towbar)
Hi Trelly, could you please explain why you say there is no need to touch the bumper whenthe pics show the bumper removed. Edited by: galaxy

·
Registered
633 Posts
EBay item = 130888155786.
Is this correct, you lose the main beam behind the bumper?

<div style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">REAR BUMPER BEAM FORVAUXHALL MOKKA 2013 NEW SHAPE
TAKEN OFF CAR DUE TO TOWBAR BEING FITTED

·
Registered
421 Posts
Blum said:
EBay item = 130888155786.

<div style="TEXT-ALIGN: center"><span style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial"><span style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold">REAR BUMPER BEAM FOR VAUXHALL MOKKA 2013 NEW SHAPE
TAKEN OFF CAR DUE TO TOWBAR BEING FITTED

</span></span>
The towbar comes with its own. Albeit narrower.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Blum said:
Fitting instructions show thefatter oblong OEbeam going in the bin & a thinner curly one replacing it.

I am not saying it would neccessarily be any worse but would that not alteryour rear end crash protection?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Flat Eric said:
Blum said:

Fitting instructions show thefatter oblong OEbeam going in the bin & a thinner curly one replacing it.

I am not saying it would neccessarily be any worse but would that not alteryour rear end crash protection?

also will it affect the vauxhall warranty and also because you have changed the car do you have to inform the insurance company ?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts