Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At last, Just picked my Mokka up from the towbar fitters.

Got myself the Westfalia detachable towbar, have to say it looks tidy and you wouldnt know there was one fitted when its detached.

Some pics.

No cutting to the underside, the plastic section pops out with a couple of screws.

Towbar fitted and the electrical socket pops down.

Im happy now, bike rack fitted.

This towbar has all the same fittings andcharacteristicsof thefactoryorder Vaxuhall one I had on the Astra. One thing that this has though that theAstradidn'thave is the audible warning when the indicators are on. I like that!

Got to tow the boat from N Wales toLoughboroughtomorrow so I will soon find out if theydidn'ttighten up the bolts properly

·
Registered
713 Posts
My Astra J was a factory order towbar and is also a westfalia. How does is compare to vauxhalls supply and fitting?

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Big Mac said:
My Astra J was a factory order towbar and is also a westfalia. How does is compare to vauxhalls supply and fitting?

I had dodgy electrics on myfactoryfit for the Astra so it had to go back for new ones. The Astradidn'thave the audible warning like this one. All in all its a good system, easy to use and looks tidy.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Looks really neat and tidy. How much did it cost? I've had a massive difference in quotes.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I paid £240 upfront added to my 0% when I bought the car in December. The towbar firm have billed the dealers so until that happens I'm not sure if or how much extra it may cost me.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
All good to go with the Boat on. Will be towing it from N Wales to Loughborough tonight so I will be interested to see how much fuel it uses.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts