Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ordered a tow bar yet? My dealer didnt have a price for any of them.
Prefer a detachable one for a couple of reasons. Firstly easier to fit in the garage once removed. Secondly becauseI wouldnt want to make my mokka smooth lines and stuff ruined by a tennis ball stuck out from the back when its not in use.

looking at a dealer fitting as then it can all be done by them before i get the keys handed too me. I dont want any return visits once im driving about.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Your Dealer needs to get a grip
. The prices for the various removable towbars are in the official October price guide. Prices are fully (dealer) fitted:

Detachable tow bar

""“ 12N electrics£595.00
""“ 12S electrics£695.00
""“ 13 pin electrics£645.00

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks very much forestdweller.

I only asked about it when I got hadn't thought about it till then. The dealer did have to give his brochure away as the last copy mid order but he was getting back to me on Monday once he's found it. Sounds like Mokka is getting popular in Sussex.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I'll be getting mine F.O.C, well maybe have to pay for detachable housing, but meh, cheap enough. One of the fed benefits of working for a towbar manufacturer :/ that said, don't ask me for cheap towbars as their resale prices direct from factory are a joke.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Afternoon all.Does anyone know what effect flange type towbars have on the rear parking sensors? I know that the swan neck ones are OK as they are thin, but I note that PF Jones now quotes a part number for a Witter Flange type.
Still waiting and hoping that a green tick will appear for my Royal Blue techline CDTi 4x4

·
Registered
21 Posts
I had a removable Westfalia one fitted at the start of December last year. Supplied by PF Jones and fitted by a local guy, so much cheaper than the dealer was quoting. Details and photos are on the Gallery page if you want to have a look. As it's removable it does not interfere with the parking sensors, and I keep the ball in the boot - it came with its own storage bag. It takes only seconds to fit when you need it. Fully recommended.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've enquired through a local tow bar fitter. He's quoted £395.00 for a detachable with twin electrics but there's a two week delay as only Westfalia manufacture a bar for the Mokka at the moment. I'm hoping to have it fitted by the end of the month.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just a little update on what my dealer has priced up a tow bar for me as.

A Vauxhall detachable 12N towbar fitted comes in at the grand price of (Dealer asked am I sitting down comfortably!!) £730

Im guessing thats the £595 quoted in the book for a price and £135 to fit.

fortunately I asked back when I ordered on the free fuel weekend and they will have to honour the 20% discount forparts and accessories which they gave me a sum of £584.

I suppose it works out as free fitting and £11 discount on the bar. If i opted for this I would be glad to recieve that £500 on the prepaid card.

·
Registered
713 Posts

These prices are from the latest price list and are fully fitted prices.  I ordered the 13pin during the fuel promotion and get 20% off that.  Don't know where the dealer gets that price from! Edited by: Big Mac

·
Registered
35 Posts
I had one fitted to my Mokka last month at the dealers before it was delivered.

Westfalia 13 pin detachable, price was £537.50 + VAT which is the £645 quoted in the price list. Caused a weeks delay in delivery as they couldn't get the correct wiring harness for it.

All good now though as used it for the first time at the weekend to take some garden rubbish down to the tip in my trailer. No problems at all.

Gary

·
Registered
63 Posts
Has anyone managed to find dedicated wiring for the Mokka yet? I have been holding of getting one as don't like the idea of the wires being cut into for a bypass relay fitting. Is there a REC or anything it plugs into like there is in the Astra and if so where abouts is?

·
Registered
315 Posts
My dealership have dealt with getting mine fitted with a local firm. They also told me that they had to order a harness that plugged into the cars system.

I can ask the question for you on sat if you like?

·
Registered
421 Posts
Using a little fiddling . . .Open this in one tab -Opel/Vauxhall/ChevroletUser instructions for accessories installation

In another tab open this -Opel Catalogue - Mokka

Then, say, navigate toTowing Hitch Removablein the catalogue. Get the part number and catalogue number and insert them into the 1st tabbed page in the correct boxes. Click ok. You should get something likehttp://www.ifz-berlin.de/ins_pdf/96990677.pdf

I got the fitting instruction for the Flexfit extension I need by fiddling about.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Good find there. Looking at the instructions it looks like no drilling is involved and is just replacing the crash bar in the bumper. If that is the case I think might give it ago myself if I can get hold of a plug in wiring kit.

·
Registered
421 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
I'm going to be ordering a two bar soon but want to know how others have had the electrics fitted? Have you had them spliced in to the vehicle wiring or direct for the battery or is there a specific kit the fitter should be using? I believe the Mokka ha a CanBus system on it and I know this is a bugger to do anything with on my bike so don't want to mess the car up.Thanks

1 - 20 of 34 Posts