Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive finally found someone who will fit a tow bar for a sensible price but I need to decide whether to go for a fixed or detachable unit? The detachable is obviously more expensive but I'm wondering if there is any real advantage to it? I'm mainly going to use it to carry my bike. Any thoughts appreciated.

·
Registered
506 Posts
It's some time since my caravanning days, but found on a number of occasions that a fixed towbar provides some protection from car park bumps and idiots in traffic queues who misjudge how close they are to you

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have been looking for a tow bar for a mokka but have been told that an after market one has yet to be designed for it.Glad you found one, hopefully when my mokka arrives in June/July one will be available. I think I will go for a detachable one because I think the car looks better without one, my present car has a detachable one.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I think it's personal preference when it comes to either one, obviouslythere'sa cost involved too.

I have the det one on mine, I prefer the cleaner look when its taken off. I had a fixed one on an old Corsa and kept smashing my shins on it!

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Locking thread overnight, will merge with other tow bar threads in the morning.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts